Notices

21 days sober - it feels great!!

Old 05-15-2006, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

21 days sober - it feels great!!

Hi

Day 21 - it feels great - wonderful!! I feel like a kid again. I made dramatic changes in my diet and lifestyle - also trying with the smoking - LOL!!!

I've been drinking teas and having fun with being able to go out anytime of the day or night - wow - what a freedom!!

I treated myself today and bought a store bought pecan pie!! - yum - and whipped cream. I'm eating breakfast ( cereal ) instead of drinking it!! Eating lunch -healthy organic foods - peanut butter - stuff like that - that doesnt trigger a drink urge! Also chocolates - yumm!!

I've been doing more stir fry vegetarian type dishes for dinner so I can have tea with dinner - and at night - popcorn with tea!! This is really a trip I'm enjoying. I go to the healthy food section of the store - even tried some new whole grain things.

Water never tasted so good - and it goes well with everything!!!!

I've been to some AA meetings with a friend - and we ate out. That may seem like a small thing - but for someone who rarely goes anywhere - except to work - then stays home and drinks - this is a major change.

I've done more and met more people in the past week then I have done in years - and this is just the beginning!!!

Why did I wait so long to stop drinking and start living?? I dont know - but it really feels great to be free from alcohol.

Simple small things - like being able to drive to the store at night for batteries or something - I couldnt do that when I was drinking - had to send my daughter out. LOL!!!

And so many encouraging people! I'm up - a natural high - and it feels good.
I guess we make it what we want it to be. I want it to be fun - and it is. And it can be.

Thanks for letting me share

peace and love
michael
Old 05-15-2006, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

.....Way to go!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What joy in your post! Congratulations!

Keep up the good work, and stay close to meetings and AA folks, especially when things get rough.

Oh, and for what it's worth -- Pecan Pie is best with vanilla ice cream on it!!!! YUMMY!!!!!

Thanks for the inspiring post!

Ken
Old 05-15-2006, 05:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome !! Congrats Michael !!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Way to go and keep up the good work!

....hey TG! Good to see ya!
Old 05-15-2006, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

awesome... that's great you get out and about and being sober ta boot!

"Why did I wait so long to stop drinking and start living??"

Kind a funny how some think drinking is living! Glad you have found this realization.

Levi
Old 05-15-2006, 08:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

keep on;
keeping on!!!!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

What an inspiring post. Thanks for that gift.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
alconaut

Congratulations Michael22.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

What an inspiring post. Thanks for that gift.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Cool. Yeah, it does feel good. If you are meeting people at AA meetings and enjoying that, keep going. I go to a meeting every day and find that really helps me. I meet such great people too, instant friends. It's really pretty amazing.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Awesome post Michael!

Great stuff to read, and feel with you.

I agree, life can be so much fun when we get into it instead of out of it!

Here's to freedom!

Cheers
(big glass of water, clinking the glass, yay!)

love Brigid
Old 05-16-2006, 07:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks All

for the positive input.

Yesterday was my day off and a usually big drinking day for me. I like to cook and use to drink while I did. So I cooked but had my glass of water instead of a drink - and some munchies too. I'm trying to be smoke free as well - so yesterday I had to get a little creative and change or be aware of past behaviors.

I've been able to substitute positive behaviors in places were I'm aware of the negative behaviors were. Yesterday I had to do that with cooking dinner - since my wife was out of town all week I was able to readjust to fit my needs while by myself. Now back to the old routine but with different behaviors.

The monday before I had things to do so I was preocccupied - but yesterday - being a rainy day and all - well you know the drill. I would drink all day while I cooked and cleaned the house. So I drank tea! or water.

So today is Tuesday - and I can function!!! Yeah!!! No hangover ( is that what that was?? I was more like a zombie on Tuesdays - until I got home and got my fix) - I'll drive into work today feeling great!!!

I've also been treating myself to different things when I go shopping. Candies - sweets - different cereals and foods - things that dont compliment a glass of wine - but more complimentary with a cup of tea. One of the reasons I've been doing more vegetarian dishes and oriental stir fry.

I have to laugh at myself as I look at myself - reaching for a smoke thats not easily accesable - or a glass of wine or scotch - all things that were part of past behaviors - behaviors I'm changing for the psoitive ( ok ok - the smoking is being a challenge!! - LOL )

I remind myself - I am alcohol free and feeling healthy and energetic and calm and focused and cheerful ( must be cheerful - or whats the point? ) and aware that I am alive. What a gift for me to be free from that hell of alcohol. It may not be a hell for other people who may be able to partake and enjoy it - I may not do that any more. Just wont work for me - and I have accepted that. Kinda like a person who develops an allergy to say shellfish - but they loved it - but they cant eat it anymore because they will get ill.

All things in context.

Anyway - thanks for all the positive input - I rambled enough

Thanks for letting me respond and share

Hope you all have a great day

Positive energy to all

peace and love
michael
Old 05-16-2006, 07:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2019, 12:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

21 day

Originally Posted by Michael22 View Post
Hi

Day 21 - it feels great - wonderful!! I feel like a kid again. I made dramatic changes in my diet and lifestyle - also trying with the smoking - LOL!!!

I've been drinking teas and having fun with being able to go out anytime of the day or night - wow - what a freedom!!

I treated myself today and bought a store bought pecan pie!! - yum - and whipped cream. I'm eating breakfast ( cereal ) instead of drinking it!! Eating lunch -healthy organic foods - peanut butter - stuff like that - that doesnt trigger a drink urge! Also chocolates - yumm!!

I've been doing more stir fry vegetarian type dishes for dinner so I can have tea with dinner - and at night - popcorn with tea!! This is really a trip I'm enjoying. I go to the healthy food section of the store - even tried some new whole grain things.

Water never tasted so good - and it goes well with everything!!!!

I've been to some AA meetings with a friend - and we ate out. That may seem like a small thing - but for someone who rarely goes anywhere - except to work - then stays home and drinks - this is a major change.

I've done more and met more people in the past week then I have done in years - and this is just the beginning!!!

Why did I wait so long to stop drinking and start living?? I dont know - but it really feels great to be free from alcohol.

Simple small things - like being able to drive to the store at night for batteries or something - I couldnt do that when I was drinking - had to send my daughter out. LOL!!!

And so many encouraging people! I'm up - a natural high - and it feels good.
I guess we make it what we want it to be. I want it to be fun - and it is. And it can be.

Thanks for letting me share

peace and love
michael
what a great post michael!! ! Day 21 for me too and feel good .Your post just wants me to continue. Thank you
Old 11-16-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
sober style

It is great, but it was also 2006.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kate2 View Post
what a great post michael!! ! Day 21 for me too and feel good .Your post just wants me to continue. Thank you
Hi Kate2,

Keep going day 22 for me in 2019.

I feel much better. Withdrawing from Alcohol and being in a drunken haze is the worst feeling ever.

I am going to keep going. I post frequently on the Newcomers thread.
Love to follow your sober journey

Old 11-16-2019, 01:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
It is great, but it was also 2006.
Classic!!

I pray Mike is still around and doing well!