Notices

I drank for breakfast... help.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=ASH] Lots of women quit when they are pregnant but if you really look at it drinking is not good for babies before conception, during pregnancy or arrival. Your initial motivation can be the same, you want to have a healthy "baby" and the more you are focused on alcohol and all the baggage that goes with it, (obsession, worry, wasted money, DWI, the list is endless), the less healthy you child will be.

QUOTE]

damn, that's a good point. good advice.

wren
Old 05-18-2006, 09:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Paused

I used to drink for breakfast, lunch, dinner, evening snack, midnight snack...you get the picture. I had become physically and mentally dependant on alcohol. Needless to say I got fired from my jobs (3 times, slow learner) and was in a huge amount of denial and suffered much humiliation. Through all that, I still drank. Yep, the progression is astonishing. I finally came to the realization that I was killing myself and got help through AA. It saved my life. Now I eat breakfast for breakfast, lunch for lunch...it's a much better deal.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi justCathy,

Wow, I can really relate to what you've written. Alcohol is such a powerful drug. It had a powerful grip over me. Before I was able to get sober, I drank 1-4 drinks before work, 1-2 at lunch, 1-2 at "quitting time" and 4-10 when I got home. I could not go a day without a drink. I'd get anxious about fitting my drinking into my day if I had a change of routine. I'd get shaky and agitated the longer I put off my first drink. I couldn't bear the thought of going to work without having at least 1 drink in my system.

I was a mess. I felt trapped. I loved and hated drinking at the same time. Moderation felt like torture.

Coming to SR and joining AA totaly changed my life. I havn't had a drink since September 2005. I havn't smoked pot since Jan 2006. I'm now %100 clean and sober, and I'm so thankful to be so.

I hope you can find the right choices to make with your life. I hope you find the strength to pour that rum down the drain. I hope you are able to break out of the chains of alcoholism.

Keep posting k? SR is a good place to be. You are not alone.
chip
Old 05-19-2006, 09:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi and welcome!

Your certainly not alone and there is all kinds of help and support available to you. You don't have to do this alone. Just do it! You can!
Old 05-19-2006, 05:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I know that feeling so well.
Even though I am new to this board...I can relate so much to the "breakfast drinking".

I just try to remember all the problems I created by my drinking and use of drugs...USUALLY drinking. I've been arrested 6 times and spent 40 days in jail the last time for doing stupid stuff while drinking...and it usually started with my morning drinks.

But hey, you got it out and you were honest about it. I struggle the same way each and every day.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

on several occasions I've had a drink or two before work.

i've thought I might lose my job because of that. but my manager has a more serious drinking problem than I do. on a couple of occasions he has come in, clearly (to me, at least) up all night drinking, not fit to do his job.

if he fires me, I'll have to fire him.

wren