Notices

12 Ways to accept.

Old 02-08-2003, 08:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

12 Ways to accept.

1. ACCEPT that I am a sick person,and that help can be found by attending meetings,reading literature,and by practising the programme at all times

2.ACCEPT that I am powerless over anyone,but that I do have the power to change myself.

3.ACCEPT that I am not responsible for anyone's actions,but I am responsible to myself.

4.ACCEPT God or a Higher Power back into my life.To LETGO AND LET GOD and to learn to have patience by not taking things back too quickly and trying to manage or play God by myself.

5.ACCEPT that I am a good person and that it is ok to be good to myself.Not be afraid to be happy and enjoy what is beautiful.Always remember.I'm OK.GOD DOES"NT MAKE JUNK.

6.ACCEPT tolerance with others especially myself ,having faith that I can grow in our programme and become a whole person again.

7.ACCEPT things I do not like,realizing that all things do NOT have to be good for me to accept them.By having to let someone we love suffer for their own mistakes or actions,by detaching with love.

8.ACCEPT that I do not have to be right all the time and that it is Ok to be wrong or make a mistake.Mistakes can be a learning experience.

9.ACCEPT that it is ok to say I am wrong and to ask forgiveness when I hurt or wrong someone.

10.ACCEPT that I must be openminded enough to listen thoughtfully to the opinions of others.

11.ACCEPT that each day is a new beginning and that it is within my power to make that day as good and happy as I want it to be.

12.ACCEPT that I have no control over the past.That tomorrow is beyond our immediate control for it is yet unborn.This leaves only today.Let us therefore live but ONE DAY AT A TIME.

From the recovery literature.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Peter

Thanks for the great post, I needed to hear that this morning,
Acceptance is the key.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

To the top
Old 08-31-2005, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Sounds like good stuff. I still have a problem with the theistic nature of number 4 and part of 5. Oh well... Let go and let The Great Sky Fairy!

Doorknob
Old 08-31-2005, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hey DK--I am loving the Great Sky Fairy!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 07:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey doorknob, 10 out of 12 ain't bad. Try not to think of it as an all or nothing process. I did for years.

Thanks Peter, I need to remind myself that putting these into practice, takes practice. Don W
Old 08-31-2005, 07:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chy

Dang someone was digging in the basement!