Notices

6 weeks sober for me

Old 02-16-2008, 05:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tryingtolive View Post
Whats the deal guys since you are the experts?

lol, EXPERTS!

I'll tell you in real simple terms how it's working for me.

• I go to AA meetings.
• I communicate and work with my sponsor.
• I sponsor and work with others.
• I listen.
• I use the tools AA has provided me.
• I pray.

I simply no longer tried to do it my way, and decided to do something different. And what do you know, it is working.

Tom
Old 02-16-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Old Post

This post was from may of 06' I checked out Tryingtolives page, there has been no activity in 6 months. If you do come back to this community please give us an update.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Miracles and accomplishments

Originally Posted by brigid View Post
Well done!! That is a great achievement. I know that I wanted my life to be right straight away too, but like Lee I have found that it takes time. Have you got some people that you talk to about how you are going with this? I know it helped me to talk a lot about drinking when I stopped. I didn't go to AA but I did have some fabulous support and people to air my thoughts, feelings and experiences with. This all helped, helped just to say it if I felt crappy and like things were going no where.

I also got really excited by eating a good diet and exercising. I turned a lot of my time and attention to being into that side of things and it helped me to feel better about myself as well as clear the head, lungs, liver etc.

I also remember at times thinking that the so called "fun" had gone from life and why? what was the point anyway? These things have passed though and life truly does get better, not perfect by any means, there are still issues, problems, downs, but I deal with it and the good stuff I feel and enjoy.

Stay strong, keep posting, you are doing great,
love Brigid

I always hear about "proud time." Maybe it should be grace time.

We always hear about "the miracle of recovery." Maybe we should learn the difference between miracles and accomplishments or the difference between grace and an accomplishment.

For an alcoholic to take the credit is to miss the miracle. In fact it is a form of denial stronger than the kind that we bring to sobriety-you know "the disease that tells you that you don't have a disease" kind of denial. To take the credit is a stronger, more subtle, and ultimately more dangerous form of denial. It is the flat-out denial of the grace of God.