Notices

Ppl sober and those looking to be.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I'm wondering which category I fall in to.........
Old 05-05-2006, 06:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doorknob
I'm wondering which category I fall in to.........
You fall in a category of "YOU'RE ALRIGHT".

It was really no one in particular. It's just that the threads lately were turning into debates and I guess I was just looking for assistance. I already feel stupid and useless so its hard to get into a debate and sound intelligent when you are in such turmoil as me trying to quit.

Here's the thing. And maybe I'm wrong. If Johnny wants to tough love me, that my issue, not Susie's. And if Susie wants to sugercoat it, its my issue, not Johhny's. Same with AA and No AA. And if I try to discuss the issues with Johnny, Susie doesn't need to chyme in to upset Johnny. I DON'T KNOW ANY JOHNNY OR SUSIE ON HERE SO DON'T FREAK OUT IF THATS ANYONE'S NAME.

I thought thats what PMing is about.

I just want to tell you that this is hard. Very Very hard. I want peoples opinions, I just don't understand if I'm asking the question, why everyone goes after each other. Sometimes us asking for help on these threads get lost in the debate. Ya know and then we feel, well I feel unimportant. And then I fall into my stupid way of thinking.

I DID NOT DRINK LAST NIGHT. IT FEELS WEIRD.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

((((((((((ROSE))))))))))))

You are doing SO great, being so strong. I'm so proud of you. Besides feeling a weird, it felt sort of good too, huh?

~doll
Old 05-05-2006, 07:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by OnceNice
You fall in a category of "YOU'RE ALRIGHT".
LOL! I meant am I sober or trying to get sober. But thank you!

Here's the thing. And maybe I'm wrong. If Johnny wants to tough love me, that my issue, not Susie's. And if Susie wants to sugercoat it, its my issue, not Johhny's. Same with AA and No AA. And if I try to discuss the issues with Johnny, Susie doesn't need to chyme in to upset Johnny. I DON'T KNOW ANY JOHNNY OR SUSIE ON HERE SO DON'T FREAK OUT IF THATS ANYONE'S NAME.
Well said, and sounded intelligent, btw.

I just want to tell you that this is hard. Very Very hard. I want peoples opinions, I just don't understand if I'm asking the question, why everyone goes after each other. Sometimes us asking for help on these threads get lost in the debate. Ya know and then we feel, well I feel unimportant. And then I fall into my stupid way of thinking.
I know it's hard. And I know how easy it is for me to start beating myself up, infact I did it last night.

I DID NOT DRINK LAST NIGHT. IT FEELS WEIRD.
Awesome!! My favorite smiley:

Great job!

DK
Old 05-05-2006, 08:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well Done, Rose!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 12:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Michael

Oncenice,
I don't pray but I sure hope that you are going to succeed in your fight.
Michael
Old 05-05-2006, 01:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

(((((((( Rose))))))

Hi there rose , you are doing SO well, WTG! I know the weekend is a bit hard for you , but just keep doing what you have been doing

have fun with clemmie over the weekend, i will " see you " monday

Take care

HUGX
Lee
Old 05-05-2006, 02:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Hey, OnceNice, this is great stuff. Yep, I know how hard this is, tried a hundred thousand times to just not drink in my life. Then it finally stuck for me. Keep trying, keep trying, keep trying. It is a great process.

I got obsessive about eating the right food and health, oh and the process of not drinking. Thought about it, talked about, debated it, lived it. Great to see you doing the same.

We can get a bit competitive at times, my way IS the right way sort of thing. But I think that can be healthy, gives us a different perspective sometimes. I have found though that I felt heaps better when I realised that all the stuff other people said was not really my issue, it was theirs. If things bothered me then I probably did have something there to work out, but I just take on board my own stuff and talk about it, I can ignore stuff that I don't really think is necessary.

BTW, you are important, I really get a kick out of seeing you come so far, reminds me of my own process. We are all important.

lots of love,
Brigid
Old 06-27-2006, 10:01 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Where oh where did Rose go?
Old 06-27-2006, 10:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I've been wondering the same thing Suga. I hope she's doing okay.