Notices

10 Days

Old 05-07-2006, 05:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
On a tear

((((DK))))

You know I don't pray for you (grin)... but I am sending a truckload of heavy duty good THOUGHTS your way... listen for them, you can hear them going by out on the highway....

Old 05-07-2006, 08:10 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

((((((Paul)))))) I just wanted to let you know how great I think you are doing. I, too, am sending big, happy, thoughts your way, but I am sending mine by airmail......
Old 05-07-2006, 08:50 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Wow! DK, I missed this thread earlier when it was 10 days (Congrats!!!) and now you are up to 12 and rolling into 13 24 hours' sober, which is magnificent!!!!!!!

All that crap you are feeling is OLD toxins on their way out of your system. Let em go...breathe...drink more water...relax...give yourself credit for the positive choice you have made and that is calling your name!

See you again soon,

C
Old 05-07-2006, 09:55 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
alconaut

Originally Posted by doorknob
I feel like the mold growing on top of an old turd.
Well, you did say it felt different this time....

DK, I have never heard anyone describe feeling this way, not even after 4 years working doing ambulance work. Classic.

Anyhoo, it can't be any worse than the morning after a night out, right?

Seriously, it was different for me too when I gave up alcohol. I haven't touched a drop since.

The worst of the withdrawals will be over soon. I haven't been around, but thought I'd pop in to wish you the best of luck pally.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:43 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Wow Paul. I leave for a few days and POOF you're a new person. Keep holding on to that positive feeling. I'm feeling better about things too so maybe there's something in the atmosphere. Whatever it is, don't let go.
And don't look at 60 days as a milestone to pass otherwise you will set yourself up for failure once you pass it. Just keep thinking about being a new you.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:30 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

It does clear, it does get better. Took me a while for different parts of my body to clean out. Go read about liver support and all the lovely foods that will nurture that organ ... we do tend to give that one a hiding when drinking. AND it is the organ that helps clean toxins out so it will need a hand for a while too. Once we stop putting toxins into the body the body decides that it is time to clean house and get all the toxins that it has stored out of hiding places.

Someone said lots of water, yep that is a great idea. I always feel heaps cleaner and brighter when I drink a fair bit of water.

Go DK!!!

Old 05-08-2006, 05:35 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks Five. Do you use some of those tools for your OCD? I know I should start learning some of that CBT stuff, but my brain is working so crappy, and trying to learn causes anxiety itself. Right now, I'm just concentrating on the "no matter what" thing.

DK
Yep - CBT and meds got me out of OCD.

But nothing wrong with what you doing knob, the 'no matter what' is a technique I sometimes use if I am suffering from the ol stinking thinking.

I cant help but suggest hanging out in meetings in these early days can only help? Despite my later differences, it certainley helped me.

It gets easier
Old 05-08-2006, 12:36 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
and going nowhere fast.

Best of wishes to you, dk.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:33 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by BigSis
((((DK))))

You know I don't pray for you (grin)... but I am sending a truckload of heavy duty good THOUGHTS your way... listen for them, you can hear them going by out on the highway....

And I thought all that noise was Apple Blossom traffic!

Thanks BigSis!

DK
Old 05-08-2006, 02:43 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by lulu70
((((((Paul)))))) I just wanted to let you know how great I think you are doing. I, too, am sending big, happy, thoughts your way, but I am sending mine by airmail......
Geez, and I thought that was the apple packing shed next door. I really need to pay more attention!

Thanks Lulu!

DK
Old 05-08-2006, 03:04 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Paul,
Just checking in to say hello and hope
things are getting a bit better each day,
it does for me if I just keep going,
my anxiety really levels out after a week,
and for sure after a month.

How are 'ya doing??

Keep sailing, you can do it! :boat
Old 05-08-2006, 03:52 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by miss communicat
Wow! DK, I missed this thread earlier when it was 10 days (Congrats!!!) and now you are up to 12 and rolling into 13 24 hours' sober, which is magnificent!!!!!!!

All that crap you are feeling is OLD toxins on their way out of your system. Let em go...breathe...drink more water...relax...give yourself credit for the positive choice you have made and that is calling your name!

See you again soon,

C
Thanks Miss C. I sure wish there was some way to expedite getting the THC out of my brain. I've seen the brain cells of monkeys who were forced to breath large amounts of pot smoke, and I know how hard it is to remove resin from the fingers.

DK
Old 05-08-2006, 05:51 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
alconaut

Thanks Miss C. I sure wish there was some way to expedite getting the THC out of my brain. I've seen the brain cells of monkeys who were forced to breath large amounts of pot smoke, and I know how hard it is to remove resin from the fingers.

DK
Hey DK.... I quit pot when I quit drinking too. Everyone's different, but alcohol was the bigger biggie for me. Funny, I never did get rid of that leftover weed. It doesn't tempt me tho' because I never smoked without drinking or taking Xanax. Plus I'm on the job market. Might as well flush it, eh? (I have no idea why I haven't gotten rid of it.)

Rubbing alcohol and a pumice stone should do the trick for the resin stains. If you don't know what a pumice stone is, ask your gf for one.

You can try Lava, and just about all guys own a can of WD40. It melts tar right off the paint on cars.

ETA: About the THC in your brain.... Brigid's sugestion about water is a good one too. It speeds toxins out. Just watch your sodium intake so you don't get bloated.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:27 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thats fantastic!! 14 days for me here - wow - the world looks different
peace and love
michael
Old 05-08-2006, 11:54 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi DK

I'm 14 days sober - and I feel great!! Just dont sleep well - every other night - LOL!! eventually my body gets tired - other than that - so far so good! Guess you and I are close in our sobriety - what a trip huh??

Its like a new lease on life. Lets both of us - you and I - keep it up.
peace and love
michael
Old 05-09-2006, 01:42 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Autumn
Well, you did say it felt different this time....

DK, I have never heard anyone describe feeling this way, not even after 4 years working doing ambulance work. Classic.

Anyhoo, it can't be any worse than the morning after a night out, right?

Seriously, it was different for me too when I gave up alcohol. I haven't touched a drop since.

The worst of the withdrawals will be over soon. I haven't been around, but thought I'd pop in to wish you the best of luck pally.

Hey Autumn,

Nice to see you back. I did answer that email you sent me when I was away. Not sure if you got it. I thought this particular attempt (there have been many) felt different when I made that post. Now, I'm not sure. I still feel like crap a great deal of the time. For me, the THC w/d is worse than the alcohol. I hadn't been drinking very much, but was smoking quite a bit. And it takes so long to get out of your system. Then there's the mental illness stuff too......

Hey DK.... I quit pot when I quit drinking too. Everyone's different, but alcohol was the bigger biggie for me.
Pot's the harder one for me to kick, but I'm happy to say, my fingers have been resin free for two weeks.

DK
Old 05-09-2006, 06:59 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by winelover
Wow Paul. I leave for a few days and POOF you're a new person. Keep holding on to that positive feeling. I'm feeling better about things too so maybe there's something in the atmosphere. Whatever it is, don't let go.
And don't look at 60 days as a milestone to pass otherwise you will set yourself up for failure once you pass it. Just keep thinking about being a new you.
Hi Winelover,

That positive feeling is kind of like a greased pig. It's good to see you doing well!

Paul
Old 05-09-2006, 07:46 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Cathy31
Very Cool, DK!

Keep it up and keep doing what you doing - very cool!

wELL DONE.

CATH
X

Originally Posted by ASH
DK, that is great news, keep moving foeward!
Originally Posted by PaperDolls
Paul.

I'm proud of you. I know that feeling well having tried moderating or quiting millions of times before. Something this time was different for me too. Congrats on your sober time!

~doll
Originally Posted by daddysgirl29
Woo hoooo!!!! GO DK, GO DK, GO!!

Keep it up and congrats!!
Originally Posted by michski
Sounds like you had an "Ah ha" moment! May you be blessed with many many more!
I realized I missed thanking you all. I appreciate all of you! Thank you so much!!

Paul
Old 05-09-2006, 07:50 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by brigid
It does clear, it does get better. Took me a while for different parts of my body to clean out. Go read about liver support and all the lovely foods that will nurture that organ ... we do tend to give that one a hiding when drinking. AND it is the organ that helps clean toxins out so it will need a hand for a while too. Once we stop putting toxins into the body the body decides that it is time to clean house and get all the toxins that it has stored out of hiding places.

Someone said lots of water, yep that is a great idea. I always feel heaps cleaner and brighter when I drink a fair bit of water.

Go DK!!!

Thanks Brigid. More water it is! Now, where's my coffee?
Old 05-09-2006, 07:56 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Five
Yep - CBT and meds got me out of OCD.

But nothing wrong with what you doing knob, the 'no matter what' is a technique I sometimes use if I am suffering from the ol stinking thinking.

I cant help but suggest hanging out in meetings in these early days can only help? Despite my later differences, it certainley helped me.

It gets easier
Hey Five! You know I've been hittin' some of them meetin's!! Can't you tell how spiritual I'm becoming?