Notices

Keepin' it Green!

Old 04-22-2006, 09:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
survivor

Post Keepin' it Green!

Hi all. I'm usually over on the substance abuse forum, for drugs is primarily my preference. However, I thought I would share with other people struggling with alcohol, a prime example on how much damage alcohol had destroyed my best friend's life in a matter of only four days.

Here's what happened. My best friend is 24, and she has been living with her parents, she definitely was spoiled-had a beautiful, new flashy car that her parents got for her. She really did have it all, she was on her way to getting a new apartment on her own in May sometime. Well, her parents ended up going on a week long vacation to Las Vegas, and this to my friend, was like a green light to drink. I begged her not to, that she can't drink because she's an alcoholic. Did she listen to me??? NO!! She told me she can "control" it--Yeah right!

Well, she wanted me to spend the nights with her while her folks away, and I had to tell her no, because I just can't surround myself with people who are actively using. Four days later, she lost practically everything. She got fired from her job (for no-call, no-show), her folks found out about her drinking and is giving two days to get out of their house. She's being kicked out, and she says she has nowhere to go! Also, her folks took her car from her, and gave it to her younger sister. Isn't it amazing on how much damage a four-day drinking bender can do? I feel so sorry for my friend, she told me she wants to die, and she told me told her father how she feels, and he was a bastard, and told her to "go ahead and slit her wrists"!!!!!!! What an a-hole!!

Just thought I'd share with ya'll what can happen, I'm sure ya'll already know, but sometimes ya gotta "keep it green". I wish everyone here the best...God Bless.

-Ava
Old 04-22-2006, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Let's hope this is your friends turning point..

Hugs for sharing
Prayers to both of you.