Notices

Time to get back up!

Old 01-30-2003, 11:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Time to get back up!

Well here I am again, trying to fix my problem.

I went 9 days last time, and then the urge to drink came so fast. I was so excited about drinking again, but at the same time kind of guilty. I only drink alone in my house and feel safe and secure there. Outside of work I have no friends or family around me. This is my choice. Wine is my only friend and without that, I have nothing. You are all so lucky to be sober. I do read the Bible, every day and every other word is wine it seems. If I can get through today, I might make it to 10 days. How sad I am...But never will give up hope!

Watson
Old 01-30-2003, 02:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Watson, if you have hope, it is a start. Once you get the desire to stop, then your hope increases. Hang-in there. Don't stop trying and don't give up hope.

You mention you read the bible. Do you do any praying. I know for me, my prayers are always answered. I ask for what I need.
Sobriety, one day at a time.

Keep coming.

Harry
Old 01-30-2003, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Watson.Now may be a good idea to check out a couple o' AA meetings.

I'm glad to hear you still have hope and that's good,that's very good.Now if you can find a little willingness to try another solution,I am certain things will start to change in your life.

I am happy,glad and grateful to be sober today,but luck had very little to do with it.

It took willingness,commitment,courage and a lot of hard work,but the first thing I had to do was let go of the bottle I was clutching so tightly to my bosom.

Keep coming back.Dont leave before the miracle happens.

Peter.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Watson, take it easy on yourself, at least you don't have expectations to burden you. You get to start with a clean slate.
I agree prayer works, but when I started I had such a hard time praying, so my sponser suggested that I pray to become willing, and it worked even now!
Meetings are a great place to start. I never knew I could have friends like the ones I found in AA. They actually understand where I'm comming from, WOW. Didn't see that happening but it did. And for me I have to break that 24 hrs down, one minute at a time alot of day's.
I'm glad you are here, there's alot to be said for a desire (a desire to stop drinking and start living in the sunlight)
Hang on, hang in, it just keeps getting better if you let it.
:p
It works if you work it.