Notices

just checking in

Old 03-31-2006, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just checking in

well it's been 4 months sober now. unbelievable. i highly recommend this way of life to those still on the fence or struggling for a reason. sobriety is less complicated. the only thing that is bugging me right now is my anxiety. i guess my nervousness has always been there i just used to numb it once in awhile with a good binge. so with that option gone i have been driving myself a little crazy. i've got a big change happening in my life right now. i know i could not tackle it without being sober. if i can just get this anxiousness in check. or maybe it's supposed to be there. part of the rawness of life. kind of had an epiphany last night watching drunk people (who are getting increasingly annoying to be around) at a work party. i think i drank to shut my brain down. that the nervousness and stress associated with everyday tasks was numbed by alcohol. now taking that one step further into the conspiracy world, "they" (government, corporations, society) creates this world of stress and then sell us the potion to cure us of the ills they/we create. what a scam.
oh well apologize for the rant. thanks again to the sr community. see ya later.

This bunny does a cheer
and places an egg here for you...........
Old 03-31-2006, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Fantastic!

Look at this..
from my files on PAWS...

http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm
Old 03-31-2006, 12:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ASH

Congrats on your 4 months and thanks for sharing the good news!
Old 03-31-2006, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Congrats on your 4 months that's awesome! Anxiety is a beotch that's for sure. Best thing I can suggest is that you look at what triggers your anxiety and think of a plan to avoid those triggers as much as you can. Make another plan for those times when you can't avoid it so that when the anxiety hits you already have something you planned on doing the next time anxiety hit you. Follow through on it and the anxiety passes sooner or later. I know... sooner is never quick enough. You can do it.

Hang in there and grats again!

Suga
Old 04-01-2006, 06:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have you watched the Matrix... that sort of is the whole point to the movie.

A different perspective may be what you need. Anxiety/Nervousness is just the label for the emotion you are feeling during a period of change in your life. Try this, the nervousness/anxiety you are feeling is really just a form of excitement that you have about the change. You are excited because you need all of your resources on high to properly deal with the change. By having these emotions, your body/mind is just ensuring that you are particularly acute at this time so you have the energy and resources to deal with this period of change.

Kind a like the flight/fight response. It is there specifically to assist us to survive in times of danger. Problem is that it evolved in the human consciousness over thousands of years to deal with danger in nature. Now we live in Cities and it is no longer really needed, but the body will take thousands of years to change that response. So, you are feeling nervous / anxious, you need to reframe how you are seeing that state of excitement. That really is all it is.

We make of our world as we see it. How you see it and react to it is solely within your perspective. If you don't like your world, change your perspsective.

T.