Notices

Here am I back again

Old 03-09-2006, 09:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here am I back again

Well I stopped for 3 months last autumn and then started again, I have been bingeing only once or twice a week since but it takes days to recover. I am not me when I drink that is what is scary I am Jeckyll and Hyde. So I have stopped again, I didn't make a note of the day but it was at least a week ago, I feel strong and have no urge to drimk but I cannot sleep and I am wound up all the time. When I can sleep it is only for a few hours ususally during the day, I feel really detached and weird but I know it will pass.
So I thought I would say and hope for a bit of support
Old 03-09-2006, 10:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Things settle down. It is when they settle that we can let our gaurd down.
No urge to drink is good. If an urge does come, get through the moment. It will pass.
You did well for the 3 months. Each day added is a day closer to where you want to be.
Congratulations on picking yourself up and dusting off.
Take what you learned and put it to use. You will do well.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it, feeling a bit fragile with the ole sleep deprivation.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Sleep? What is that? *LOL*

There are many things written about sleep and how to get a good night's sleep. I have tried some and found they work but I have also found that "I" need to do my part and follow the ideas put before me. Just one more show and then sleep. Just one more game and then sleep. Just one more search on the internet and then sleep.

me me me and what I want at the moment is why I don't sleep well.
When I am tired, I need stop what I am doing and get to bed. just one more.... has me pass by that zone where sleep would come easy.
We have a new forum here. Have a look at the sleep forum. Maybe you can find some hints there.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is purely from withdrawal I will be OK in a week or so (OK as far as insomnia that is) , I saw a cartoon once of someone getting into bed and hitting themselves on the head with a hammer to go to sleep, that is the only thing that would work right now. I am going 24 hrs without sleep then waking after 3 hours exhausted but unable to go back to sleep. This happened last time as well so I am not too worried just frazzled.