Notices

Partners drinking{how to deal}

Old 02-26-2006, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Partners drinking{how to deal}

Hello,Been sober for about 7 months,Been having a hard time with my girlfriend for 2 years now,SOME really BAD times after her drinking.Once was a weekend>> drinking and bar closer together,Now I have changed,like dinning out and a relaxing evening,Instead of closing the bars down.She does stay home with me now>> here and there,but now drinks during week with her gal friends,since she is not getting the drinking high and fun,I once gave her I presume.Just really been on her case about her drinking now,and I always get a comeback 'Thats the way she was when we met"...which is true.Its just been so hard and confusing for me,I know I need to let her live her life,just wish she would someday see life thru my new and happy eyes...And could grow up and kick the habit like I have. ANYONE BEEN THRU THIS AND HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THIS?? I see myself old self so MUCH,when she comes home drunk,and hate it so much now.What an ASS I always was back then and never seen and knew it till now!!what goes around comes around they say?Again,I want to thank everyone here at SR for helping me grow into a new sober person!!One day at a time!!
Old 02-26-2006, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Drunks aren't very pretty when we're sober, are they?

I don't know what your reasons were for quitting, but just like you, she has to come to her own decision. Have you tried posting on the Friends and Family board? There's a lot of experience, strength and hope there.

My husband is in recovery. He was when I met him, as was I. I could not imagine being in recovery with someone who was still active. For me, my own sobriety has to come first. You are the only one who can make that decision in your life.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 02-26-2006, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you are still sober! Fantastic!

I split with my still drinking lover..
The linger I was in recovery...the less we had in common.

It was a smart choice.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Sugah and Carol>>going to move this to friends and family recovery,makes more sense.thanks again...
Old 02-27-2006, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi The undrunken 1,

I'm Steve an alkie from England, Today's my 4391st day away from alcohol thanks to AA.

My wife drinks occassionally, even at AA conventions she may have one or two drinks.

I appreciate that other people can drink, but I certainly can't.

My first wife left me because of my drinking and my second wife, has never known me as a drinking alcoholic.

We have been together for just over 11 years, and last November was our first years anniversary. ( We got married at an AA Convention ,in Guernsey)

I am very lucky for she has accepted the fact that I will have no alcohol in the house but when we go out for meals I seem to be able to cope with her having a drink or two.

Iwont kiss her after she has taken alcohol, until she has cleaned her teeth.

I have a healthy frear of alcohol and choose not to eat anything, that contains alcohol or has had alcohol used in the cooking process as I do not know what it would do to this alcoholic.

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Coming Back
Steve4391