Notices

A Place For Accountability

Old 03-20-2006, 09:30 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

((((((((((Fighter)))))))))))

Oh gosh! You really are having a terrible time!

St... glad to hear you're doing well. It's been 22 days today. However, I am hanging on for dear life.
Keep hanging on though. It's the best thing to do right now. Drinking would only make you feel worse because it's a depressant.

My b/f is gone for good... it's really over. I haven't seen our son in over a week. b/f came Saturday and moved all his stuff out.
I'm sorry. This must hurt terribly. I wish I had some magic words. Best thing in the world will be to go to therapy, as you said.....and find a group of people who also share something like this with you....and also come here for support with the drinking issue. Get support from as many sources as you can right now, so that you don't feel alone in all this.

He just said that he feels we both have so much to work on for ourselves that he feels this is the right thing to do right now.
Then, this is what you need to do. Rather than think about how he's doing, really focus on your own recovery. You can't change him or what he's doing...all you can do is work on yourself one day at a time. One of two things could happen. You two might eventually get back together and have a better life, or you might decide he's not the one for you afterall. Anything is possible though. But I would not make getting back together the focus. Your recovery depends on wanting this for yourself, regardless of anything else....not to say that external forces can't be motivation...but for the most part this is all about you.

So, I have to figuere out how to get an income real quick
Best of luck to you. I hope you find one soon as well. Got my fingers crossed for you.

The other part is, my neighbors downstairs from me now know what's going on since they say b/f moving his stuff out... nosey neighbors.
Since I'm a private kind of person myself, I have to admit this would bug me as well. However, they're just neighbors and they'll move on or you will eventually.

b/f ended up telling him why it was over... geeezzzz..
Tacky...

Also, my ex-husband, father of my girls knows now since b/f left... he wanted the explanation. My daughters insisted I tell him and now he's thinking about taking them away from me too...
Ouch! Why would he pick now to say something like that? I don't understand that.

He said when he would ever try to take a drink from me or tell me to stop.. I would just yell at him and throw things or push him away so he just stopped trying. I don't even remember doing that. I never realized just how bad it was... how much I nagged and yelled at everyone. I wish I had realized what I realize now so much sooner.
Well, here's the thing. Drinking alters so much of how we react/behave. You do things you wouldn't normally do...at least that's been my own experience. The only way you can "undo" this is BY staying sober. There's no other way.

In some ways I guess its a good thing he left... or the pattern would probably continue and get even worse... Could it really be worse than this???
Yep. Hate to say so, but yes, it could be worse than this.

I feel sick inside all the time. I can't eat, sleep, think... I'm numb. But I have to keep going... I need this feeling to go away. I'm on the verge of tears all the time.
I really feel for you. I know this feeling myself. Been there before and it's a terrible feeling. I wonder if seeing a doctor for help through this difficult time would benefit you. As much as I dislike the idea of using another med to replace an addiction, sometimes it's necessary, esp. if you're not sleeping or eating or functioning. That's even worse health-wise, imo.

I start going to therapy tomorrow. Hopefully that helps. Even my daughters best friends mother isn't letting her come over anymore and basically hates me. So my daughter is mad and has no faith or trust in my anymore. My older daughter is fine... she said she knows I made a mistake, have a problem.
Yes, hon. People do make mistakes. They do it all the time. I've made my fair share too. But you're human. Whether these other people are mad at you or not, be sure that you can forgive yourself and move forward. That's the key....forward....NO DRINKING. Get beyond it and keep with your quit. The alternative isn't good.

Hang in there, okay? I'm really glad to hear you're still sober, even while in the midst of the storm. Storms, as you know, pass. This too shall pass.

Please keep your chin up.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:18 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thank you sooooo much ST!!!!!! Everytime I hear from you, I feel a new sense of strenth and comfort. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I'm doing everything I can think of to just keep busy and stay productive to move forward.

My ex-husband called me and said he thought about it. He's not going to take action, at this time, with our girls... but.. one slip up and its over. If that's not motivation... then I don't know what is.

I did see a doctor last week and she wants me to discuss possible meds with my therapist. She's doing all kinds of screenings on me.. liver, cholesterol...etc. She feels I'm in good health though. I go to the gym almost every morning now and that makes me feel so good I don't want to drink. It helps clear my head too and man.... I haven't looked this good since I was 22!!!!

Well, back to business. Thank you so much again. Please stay in touch and let me know how its going for you as well. You have been such an inspiration to me.

Have a blessed day!!!!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:19 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweet Thursday

I need to find something to fill in the empty spaces...something that makes my life feel more complete. I just don't know what that something is. That's what I need to figure out.

Thursday

I have no idea where you live, but you might try taking trips out into the country, wilderness, rural areas. I know that when I see thick forests, beautiful rivers, green pastures, etc, I ask myself, "why in the world do I drink". It sort of energizes me.

wren
Old 03-26-2006, 06:26 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hello!

Quick check in to report that as of yesterday I've been sober one month. I feel pretty good about that.

Interestingly, I haven't had a lot of serious craves and wonder if that could be attributed to the Wellbutrin. I wonder if it works that way with alcohol as well. I'm still smoking though...albeit a little less lately I think.

Anywho, I'm doing great! I've got home projects going on. I am boring (LOL) but I'm sober! Yes!

I hope everyone else out there is doing terrific. Keep going with those quits!

Old 04-08-2006, 12:08 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Six weeks sober today. Not one drop. I just wanted to record this.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:43 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Super news...ST! Glad to see you!