Notices

What is this "sick" feeling??

Old 02-24-2006, 07:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Paused

There is a solution...

Ahhh...that third beer floating on air feeling. Followed by that sixth beer bloated feeling. It never ends if you don't end it.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
On a tear

For years, I did not think I was an alcholic because I had quit drinking... then someone said to me, "If you don't think you're an alcoholic, just try to go out and do a little "controlled" drinking and see how you feel." That sent a chill straight through me.

I don't have to go out because I remember toward the end how HARD drinking had become. The tricks I played with clocks and rules about when to drink, the switching types of booze, the changing my drinking schedule, the changing bars, changing mixers, adding coffee, water, and a coke....

It was just too friggin' much work. If I am not an alcoholic, why is drinking so hard?
Old 02-24-2006, 08:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

Yeah...drinking, or not drinking was alot of hard work. And that sick feeling speaks for itself. It says it all. Poison.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That'll be me then

I wonder how many here are still drinking and crying out for help.
If you're making a list, you can add my name!
Old 02-25-2006, 05:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good morning

After a night of drinking (5 beers) I awoke this morning feeling not unlike how a zombie might feel upon arising from the grave. Stiff, achey, stomach on fire, etc. I feel like I dead man walking. Today I have a fresh start but I know that sometime around 3:00PM, the head games will begin and the mind will attempt to trick me into having that "first beer" again. I must resist at all costs because seriously, I have hit rock bottom at this point in my life.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good Luck

Good Luck Sober4ever.
I'll be thinking of you. I know that feeling all too well
'Hair of the dog' - It's funny how you physically crave the thing that's causing you to be ill in the first place! I was hung over this morning but by about 6pm I was thinking about beer again!
Jen
Old 02-25-2006, 07:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jen26
Good Luck Sober4ever.
I'll be thinking of you. I know that feeling all too well
'Hair of the dog' - It's funny how you physically crave the thing that's causing you to be ill in the first place! I was hung over this morning but by about 6pm I was thinking about beer again!
Jen
Thank you, same here. Yes, it's like you wake up feeling deathly ill vowing never to drink again but by the afternoon, you suddenly wonder how you ever lived without it. My cravings are minimal. The main reason I drink is to feel "normal" because by brain is so accustomed to being pickled in alcohol. I swear that if I can ever achieve complete sobriety, I will proudly wear it like a boyscout badge on my chest and feel like I'm ten feet tall. I've been sober for periods of time (sometimes weeks...somtimes a year or more) and ohhhh what a wonderful feeling it is.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

(((( Sober ))))
Keep the faith! Better day's are ahead.
Bless, Trish
Old 02-25-2006, 05:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I can't believe it. This is the first day in a l-o-n-g time that I have gone all day without a drink or a ciggy but how long does it take before the diarrhea, gas, burning/achey stomache/bowels problem goes away?. I have heard it said that alcohol is very hard on the GI tract and hard on other organs as well. It feels like my bowels are in knots and this feeling got worse with consumption of alcohol. I will say that I feel 75% better since I hav'nt had any alcohol today but my "guts" are still killing me. I don't remember this with previous relapses but it seems that each time I relapse and drink more and more, it takes a greater toll on me (especially my GI tract). Is this normal and when will it resolve itself (if ever)?.

Anyway, one day at a time...yipee!!
Old 02-25-2006, 06:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you!

I really think you need to see another medical professional.

The top sticky here "Quitting" has personal experiences

Also look at the Brain link I posted to you.

Take care...
Old 02-26-2006, 09:36 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Sober, It's possible that you are extremely dehydrated. That is what cronic alcohol abuse does to the body. Diarrhea makes dehydration even worse not to mention if you have diarrhea a lot that means your body isn't digesting properly and is not getting the nutrients that it should. Try drinking a lot of water and taking a vitamen supplement. May or may not help, but it can't hurt.