Notices

Mrs. ONline Alcoholic....America

Old 02-21-2006, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mrs. ONline Alcoholic....America

I have told my ridiculous story so I won't elaborate on THAT. I have had alot of incredible answers to my posts and EVERY time (I wish you could feel me) EVERY time, I opened the phone book and called for dates and times of the local AA meeting.

Then the morning comes and I wonder why the phone book is open next to the computer or why times are written down on a piece of computer paper (this is the honest to God truth). Then my husband comes in and kisses my forehead and laughs (God he smells so good) and says "that damn computer is going to kill you baby.....whats for dinner tonight".

He calls about 3pm and asks how our daughters day was and what if anything I needed on the way home (meaning whiskey) and I say I am good. HE than says.....Hey Mrs. Online Alcoholic America.....wear the red tonight.....for that "meeting" you keep telling me your going to.

Are any of you in the pageant?

Cindy
Old 02-21-2006, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Cindy....

No I gave up my alcoholic misery

And so can you.
I hope you will soon

Health and Serenity
Old 02-22-2006, 04:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

I celebrated two years clean and sober yesterday, Cindy. And I am here to tell you that if this hopeless alcoholic can do it, so can you. It's not enough to just want to be sober. You have to be willing to do whatever it takes. I am sorry your husband isn't more supportive, but he doesn't have to live inside your head. You can stop the insanity.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Rarely do I reply to a post that raises my shackles until I've had a chance to calm down and respond appropriately. The ghost of Betty Freidan is swirling around me, however, and I just...can't...stop.

This is your LIFE. Lots of men smell good. Lots of men treat women like human beings and not objects of pleasure and amusement. Lots of men respect women and want the best for them ("their" women), not the best for their own agendas. Lots of men would not only support but encourage--INSIST UPON--any and all means of their beloved's attempts to save her own life. I know. I'm married to one of them.

Now, later, I may come back to apologize for my rant, but that's what's in my heart and this stubborn, beligerant, got-to-speak-my-mind head of mine.

You, m'dear, are in my prayers. Big time.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 02-22-2006, 06:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Cindy,

Just go to that meeting.

Stop making/finding excuses.

This is not about your husband. It is about you. Make a decision and just do it.

Make that attempt that Sugah refers to!

Cathy31
x
Old 02-22-2006, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sometimes you just got to look after yourself in life.

I am amazed at how dependent people get on other people - I used to do it, now I refuse to do it.

I dont use AA as a support group, but I use plenty of other things: fishing, reading, friendships, myself etc.

Other people are variable, ever changing, and have the power to let us down. So I would just do what you have to do, and not worry to much about what others think about it...
Old 02-22-2006, 06:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Cindy,

Your husband is playing games and if you want to help yourself, you need to step away from that. Take care of yourself. You can not drink today and continue to look for supportive help. There's lots of encouragement here at SR.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

I think your husband want's you to succeed. Do you? Just go!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The best way to shut him up, is to just do it quit drinking. Then Don't put up with the condisending (SP) BS. I think you can do it; do it for you and then look at how the support has changed, if it hasn't well you may have to make other changes. I think he has just forgotten what you used to be and you know what the computer can be a help in quitting or a hinderance. Does spending hours on the net trigger your drinking maybe make sure you are there for the family and they will be more there for you; that is if that is the case.

But with that my family hated my drinking and never questioned my falling into the x-mas tree or my stumbles on family occasions but as soon as I said I was done drinking they gave me all the support in the world. My family and I have had our problems but that support, man that is what love is. Good luck and you can do it. IM me any time. I would be honored to be any help that I can.

Keep coming to SR there is great help here. Some may be blunt (like me) but we care about each other and care about you. I owe a lot to this site and to many of the people here. and appreciate them for it.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Michael

Cindy,
I am not sure if I was in the pageant, but I think I was at the parade. You know the one I mean where the King walked along in his new clothes and everyone agreed how fine he looked in them. Only problem was the King had no new clothes and had been sold an invisible suit. Now put yourself in the KIng's place, you have been sold the illusion of alcohol. Your husband is convinced it fits you like a glove and makes you look real swell. You have come to believe in it too. What you need is the little boy to come along and shout out that the King is butt naked.
Now imagine me with a little boy's voice shouting, YOU ARE AN ALCOHOLIC. The illusion should crumble and you should see things as they really are.....unless you believe in fairy stories.
Michael
Old 02-22-2006, 04:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

Don't let your husband enable you. It's not ok to drink just because it's ok with him. My husband gave up drinking with me, just to show support. That's love.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Go to a meeting. Take action. Change your life.
JMHS
Old 02-22-2006, 05:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Arrow

Hi Cindy~~

I have been MIA from these pages for about 6 months~~I'm back!! I'm 49 dayZe clean & sober! I'm going to jail for 3 months starting March 1st. I'm a wife, a mother a grammy's of 6/with one on the way...

I used to think I was a Miss Online Ms. America..what an ugly thought!! It will not only seem rediculous to you as the years pass you by..it is. UGLY.

Give yourself a chance sweetie at real life!!! Life on lifes terms...don't miss out!!! I'm sure you have been givin' all the info you need to obtain this??

It's not eaZy..just beautiful!!!
Loves, Lunachic
Old 02-23-2006, 06:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Boy Cindy, what a champ your husband sounds like. You've got to stop letting him control you. He's having great fun at your expense. Do you see it?

Now what kind of smart ass comment will he be able to come up with if you actually DO go to the meeting and you DO stop drinking and you DO find some peace and happiness within yourself. Put in the earplugs and DO something for your health and sanity before his sh*t drives you to the grave!!!

PS I remember you saying you respected bluntness, so I hope you listen to these blunt suggestions you've been given on your threads. Obviously you are trying to get help or you wouldn't be here in the first place, so I'm glad you keep coming back. Just don't quit trying.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I love you.....and your analogies......why can't you live next door!

thanks
cindy
Old 02-24-2006, 10:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

We do.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

How'd your weekend go, Cindy?