Notices

The gift

Old 01-12-2003, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

The gift

One of the things I had to come to terms with, was that alcohol and many drugs are a gift given to people by my HP for the easing of lifes aches and pains and are very useful and kind to most folks. But NOT FOR ME! I abuse the gift. Many can use these things to improve the quality of life in times of real pain. I CAN'T! THEY CAN. simple eh? Hmmm?
Old 01-13-2003, 05:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi PapaB.Welcome to the forum.

One of the difficult things for me to let go of was the fact that there were people around me who could drink responsibly and that I personally would never be able to safely pick up a drink.

When I finally gave in and admitted defeat that was when my life started to change.It was as if I had been driving with the hand brakes on all my life and now suddenly they were released.

Peter.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Banned User

the gift

I always heard in AA that sobriety was "the gift". Mind altering drugs are not a "gift", maybe a trojan horse?
Old 01-17-2003, 02:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Exclamation

Hey open...

Enough already, OK? No one is demanding that you be Miss Positive, Miss Recovery or SuperWoman. But I guess it's not surprising anymore that you stated you had been "kicked off" every other message board you had joined. Well, we don't usually kick people off here.

I want to re-state what others have said. making blanket statements and "observations" in response to other's posts doesn't do you or the community any good. So why continue? Tell us about you and your situation, you and your problems. Ask for help or give support. Thats what we do here. We come to get, we stay to give. Period. We don't judge, we don't make vague references and comments, we don't post just to see our name again.

Ask for help, or give support-not criticism.

Thanks...