Notices

I'd Like to Thank...

Old 02-07-2006, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

I'd Like to Thank...

...many people and many things in my life, but not one iota of thanks goes to alcohol. Alcohol never helped me in becoming successful. It never helped me fulfill my dreams. In the attempts to lift my spirits, it brought me down. It never made me ambitious or motivated. Although it did fill my head full of grandiose ideas. Most ideas I never acted on or followed through with, if I was lucky.

Most whims disappeared into the dawn along with my bottle. On the rare occasion when I would finish a project, when I sobered up, I saw mediocre if
not shoddy work. Hmmmm....to think at the time I thought I was doing such a fine job too, felt proud. It seems the wool had been pulled over my eyes once again.

However, it did help to inspire me at times. It inspired me to do stupid things. To make stupid decisions I would never make sober. Alcohol helped me cross paths I would never normally cross. It made me say things I never really meant. Makes me wonder why I gave it so much value and thought of it as such a dear friend, my best companion. How could that be? How could I be so fooled? I don't consider myself a stupid person, but yet I allowed myself to be fooled by such an obvious scan. Not once did alcohol stick around and stand by my side when I needed to defend my foolish actions. It scurried off into the shadows and I stood alone until the next time we would meet up again for no good particular reason.

Yeah...there are a lot of things I'm grateful for in my life. The only time alcohol ever contributed anything of value to my life is when I bid it adieu. There is not an iota of truth to the tale of the enhancing qualities of booze. If I ever doubted that, all I would have to do is take a good long look in the mirror, then and now. Yep, saying farewell, adios and good riddance. I can do better without you.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

2day,
thanks for sharing
Old 02-08-2006, 12:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

(((trytrytry)))

Thanks. I just had a thought and wrote it down. I have to wonder why I devoted so much to drinking and alcohol and got nothing back in return but pain and misery. Insanity...
Old 02-08-2006, 02:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post 2dayzmuse.

I used to think alcohol made my music and writng more inspired and creative, when it really only made it sloppy and stupid. Amazing what it can convince us of if we listen, isn't it. The thing is to stop listening to the addiction and start listening to the thoughts we buried inside us.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

What a great, great post, Leanne!

Thanks for putting it so eloquently, I'm going to cut and paste that and keep it nearby.

Really sums up so much...the grandiose ideas; the lack of follow through; when there was follow through it was shoddy;total insanity, ego, misguidedness...and yet are best friend, absolutely LOATHE to give it up!

Amazing!

Baffling! Cunning and Powerful!

Thanks, Leanne

Cathy31
x
Old 02-08-2006, 03:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Yep, you pretty well summed it up for me!! Great post!!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Ohhhh....I forgot to thank the garbage man. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I'd like to thank the garbage man for taking away the mountain of empties each and every month. I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you for your back breaking efforts.