Notices

What Do You Do???

Old 01-23-2006, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lost2long

What Do You Do???

When you've learned so much about how to stop drinking because of all the obvious reasons...you've tried so many ways and still you persist. Some of us will never be ok with it, will they? Reasons??? what are the reasons? we don't know how to live any other way? Listening to this song while my brain trys to type what ever it needs to think it should http://www.lynnslynx.com/oldhabitsdiehard.html

Old 01-23-2006, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
lost2long

I was doin ok you know..dont know what ahappened

Old 01-23-2006, 06:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
lost2long

I know what to do....you figure it out yourself....you got no one to count on, so you figure it out yourself.....you've come a long way, most days you dont want to be here at all, but you have to becuase you've brought others into this life, they didn't ask to be here so you gotta take care of them when you can't even take care of yourself....life is funny isn't it....Big Guy in the sky, why do you do this to us? WHY? I know you're there, so would you kindly explain......

Old 01-23-2006, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((((((((((( Denise ))))))))))))

HUGX
Lee
Old 01-23-2006, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

What do I do? Hit a meeting.

Hugs and Prayers
Old 01-23-2006, 06:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Denise,

You'll make it, girl!

Hugs, Denise.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

I really think I had to stop trying so hard to give up and just had to give in. That may sound really strange but it was more coming to an admission that the fight was over that made it over.

I gave into alcohol, it had control of me, I had to admit that to myself, fully and truly.

AA is there for help, the Smart Recovery site is there, SR is here, there is heaps of stuff on the internet.

I have also found that relaxing about my kids and accepting their love is a gift that is very special and helps me enormously. I have tried to soak up that love and allow myself to enjoy it, it is very healing as well.

You can find the strength to give in. There are lots of alcoholics that have found they can live without alcohol.

love brigid
Old 01-23-2006, 07:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

just let it all out cause everything's going to be allright. your amongst friends who understand....
Old 01-23-2006, 07:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

When ever I get the urge to drink, I ask the Big Guy in the sky to give me the strength to not drink. It has worked ever since...the urges pass without a second thought. I can't explain it. All I know is...it helps.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Try to locate an AA meeting near to you or some other recovery method. There are tons of alternatives available nowadays. Try something and stop trying to do it on your own.

Things always seem much distorted when you're looking at it through the bottom of a whisky glass.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
spirit

hi denise, found you here mate.

hon i really think you are also too hard on yourself, harder than any of us are on you or even on ourselves.

it takes a lot of energy worrying and fighting this disease, let it go and use the energy to not pick up hon. you can do it, you know you can, you have before and done so well.

remember you are a wonderful person drinking or not and we love you dearly, so stay here, (or dont quit) this is your life line, ok

hugs to you and remember a day at a time , might sometimes be a minute at a time hon.

kath
Old 01-24-2006, 04:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kath is right Denise. You need to save your energy for helping yourself. There's no sense in wasting it beating on yourself.

I hope you're feeling better today. Let us know how you're doing.

Hugs and prayers
Old 01-24-2006, 05:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
spirit

denise, do you remember that you and i once had a sort of competition about who could get the most posts, i htink you won hahaha
come on girl do that again, keep talking to us
hugs
kath
Old 01-24-2006, 01:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Morning ((((((( Denise ))))))))

How are you today my dear friend ?
I do hope you have found some peace , and can direct your energy towards making YOU better. You know you can do it . Remember the hope and encouragement you gave to me, and many others, when I first came here ? We want to return the favor , hon. Take OUR hands, and let US help YOU. You are very precious to us , and it hurts to see you hurting .

Thinking of you today mate

HUGEST HUGX
Lee
Old 01-24-2006, 06:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((Denise))) I hope you are feeling better now!