Notices

Angry Rant

Old 01-19-2006, 11:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Rant

Thank God I'm done work tonight.

I am training new staff. They screwed up my cash register. I've been on my feet all day/night. I wore thick wool socks and my feet were too hot. I have blood stains on my slacks from a finger injury which will not heal (and keeps re-opening whenever I bang my hand). I had an event tonight which was a total failure, and I lost a bunch of money. I booked some crappy bands to play at my failure of an event, and they sucked. I had a "tough guy" attempt extort money out of me. I was sprayed with draft beer when changing a keg (so I had the lovely smell of beer on me all night). I've been heaving cases of beer up and down stairs. I've been cleaning other people's messes. My hobby time today resulted in accidental destruction. I have legal problems. I yelled at a guy in front of his wife.

I'm still clean and sober....but miserable. I'm a real piece of work. I'm Hungry, Angry, Lonley and Tired. I need to get on my knees and pray to God. I need to get out of this self pity pit. I need to focus on some positive stuff. I need to eat, pray, and go to bed.....
goodnight,
chip
Old 01-19-2006, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Feel better? *LOL*
Life happens some times.

Good to read your holding on.
Imagine what things could have been like if you had a hangover from yesterday or were not sober today?

As you pray, reflect and look for a message that today may give you a lesson from. Tomorrow is a new day.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh! Chip what a bummer . Your plan sounds good, and tomorrow is a new day

HUGX
Lee
Old 01-20-2006, 01:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((Chip))
Sounds like you had a really rough day. I hope you can get a nice hot shower and a good night's sleep. Prayer can help lift that heavy load. I'll say one for you tonight too. It's a huge accomplishment that you chose not to pick up. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

((Chip)) That sucks!! When I have a day like that, I say, atleast I lived to tell about it!! Yep, reflect and look for the lessons!! I also try to find a little humor in the situation. Like maybe you could have played better then the band, (knowing now not to book them again)!!

Glad you made it through sober, even if you did smell of beer!!

Hugs,
Missy
Old 01-20-2006, 04:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support.

I got about 4 hours of sleep. I had a dream about a messy drinking contest, and smoking weed.

I'm sooooo sensitive to stuff. Alcohol and pot were like a leather jacket for me.... a second skin. The little nicks and scrapes of the road didn't affect me, or have an effect on me. I used to be able to brush things off easier. I *used* as a way to sheild myself from the harsh reality of life. Life is a hard place, and it shows no mercy. I'm learning how to live it without booze and drugs....and it's hard.

sigh.

Today is a new day. I'm going to have a hot shower, a nice breadfast, and try and enjoy my day. I'll hit the first meeting I can today as well.

Thanks again for being here for me.... It really means alot to me. I'll try and be there for others on SR when I'm feeling up for it. Right now, I need to pamper myself, and really get into God.
peace,
chip
Old 01-20-2006, 04:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today Chip. I know what you mean about losing your protective cover. It's hard when you have to look at life for what it is and face it and live it. But, we can do this!
Old 01-20-2006, 06:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there chip. Vent all you want but just hang in there.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks
I'm feeling a wee bit, ummm embarassed for venting like I did. I do feel better. I'm about to go to a meeting, and then I think I'll have a nap. I'll make sure I try and make sombody's day better today. I'll try and help someone today.
chip
Old 01-20-2006, 06:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

(((( Chip ))))
Keep the faith...
Bless! Trish
Old 01-20-2006, 07:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hugs honey...
I see you are practicing the solution...Fantastic!
Old 01-20-2006, 07:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Hey Chip:

Ditto what Carol said.

I also figured out at about 6 months sober, that life gave me a bad day to refresh my memory so I would know when I was having a good day and would really appreciate my good days. rofl

Hope you got a decent night sleep, cause its a NEW DAY.

Love and hugs,
Old 01-20-2006, 09:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Ooooh Chip **{Hugs}} I'm sorry you had such a crap day. Man, that really did sound like one hell of a sheitty day. You made it tho... you felt your feelings. That's a man of steel. You give me courage more times than I can count... this is another one to add to the notches.

**{sending you your very own mug of hot creamy cocoa}}

Suga
Old 01-20-2006, 12:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Michael

The great success of your day is that all the things that went wrong were unable to deflect you from your sobriety. That's worth being proud of. Well done.
Michael
Old 01-20-2006, 12:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Coming out of my shell

Take a nice long cold shower with your pants on.....It'll get the blood out. Hope everything gets better!

Kathy
Old 01-20-2006, 01:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Never,I mean NEVER,feel embarrassed about an inquiry here.Nobody "knows" nobody here and thats a trusty feeling you have when posting in a semi-anonymous way.Sounds like you work at a bar/cafe or something,enjoy your time thinking of clever ways to "mess" with the over-indulgers(in a nice but funny way),it will make your time there much more pleasurable without jeopardizing your profits.PS I always hated being told "Sorry,I did not hear you"!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 06:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Last night was a bad night. Tonight is much better. I'm making some changes to staff schedules, and putting some newer workers on slower nights. I've gotta keep my ego in check. They are a bit scared of me, but that's alright. I'm the nicest boss they've ever had when things go well. I'm going to shut up now, and try and forget about last nights crap....This has passed, and my mood swing is now on an upward curve.
chip
Old 01-20-2006, 09:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Paused

Like they say... this to shall pass. I'm glad you're feeling better. Don't worry about venting. That's what we are here for. No matter what happens, you don't have to drink over it. If it helps you any...I have a sore finger that I keep bumping too. Ouch...