Notices

Should we limit free expression?

Old 01-05-2006, 04:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Political Correctness? A whole issue in itself.

I catch your drift though...
Old 01-05-2006, 05:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Originally Posted by Five
Political Correctness? A whole issue in itself.
Probably is ...

love brigid
Old 01-05-2006, 05:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Five
One of the things, and one of which I have contributed to in part (through need, I feel) is that SR is becoming an opinon battleground. This makes me sad, and I only try to be opinoted when I feel that a bit of reasoning would help the person. There is a split in recovery, whether people acknowledge it or not (check out the larger internet) between AA philosiphy and the more scientific out look. It was in the mail. I think the recovery movement is changing, and I have no idea for the better.Surmon over.
SR has always been a very lively forum, Five. In fact it is the diversity here that attracts me.

I am confident enough in my recovery to hear what others have to say about theirs, and yes I reserve the right to laugh about your ideas if I wish.

I am not naieve enough to think my opinions will be met with worlwide acclaim but I have the courage to post my beliefs and accept that when I post on a public forum SOMEBODY WILL READ IT, AND MIGHT RESPOND TO IT.

The question then is: Am I mature enough to listen to the feedback?
Old 01-05-2006, 11:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

How about me? Come here,year after year,spilling my guts about poor alcoholic me but have not changed one bit since I recognized Im a problem drinker.Some get soft and join my pity party while others tell me(in their own words) what a fool I am to continue to change the obvious "tsunami of life" Im doing to myself.It is so important to just overlook ANY post which we find offensive,this is an internet forum,nobody knows nobody.I could only imagine what happens when a member here disapppears,got the point and straightened up or is on life support from liver failure from drinking.Any online forum you join expect to have to sort out what you think is right or wrong and reply to whatever YOU think is worthy.I could be an attention getting non-drinker looking for attention far as you know,use this forum without hatin'!!! BTW, the volunteer mods here do weed out nonsense(I know from experience). Hats off to the moderators here at SR
Old 01-05-2006, 11:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Hey Homie
Great to see you, doll!
Cathy31
x
Old 01-05-2006, 11:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

hi cathy31,Im still alive.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Good! I can see that. Excellent!
Old 01-05-2006, 11:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by IMHomerSimpson
How about me? Come here,year after year,spilling my guts about poor alcoholic me but have not changed one bit since I recognized Im a problem drinker.
Hey Homer,

Have you not made any attempts at quiting or moderating, or gone to any support groups or anything at all? I'm not trying to put you on the spot, I'm just curious. Also, did you start here with a different screen name?

DK
Old 01-05-2006, 11:31 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Many attempts,none with my heart in them.I also posted under Patrickk,really not a troll.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Many attempts,none with my heart in them.I also posted under Patrickk,really not a troll.
Ahhh... I thought you were Patrickk, but surely didn't think you were a troll.

Many attempts here too, always with my heart in it to start with...

DK
Old 01-05-2006, 03:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

BTW, the volunteer mods here do weed out nonsense(I know from experience). Hats off to the moderators here at SR
I agree, they give freely of their own time and love.

Keep trying Homer and Doorknob, I did and one day it happened for me. Keep thinking about it and reading, something will click into place. IF you believe in god ... pray, if not you could meditate, anything to get the message to your inner self.

love brigid
Old 01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by brigid
Keep trying Homer and Doorknob, I did and one day it happened for me. Keep thinking about it and reading, something will click into place. IF you believe in god ... pray, if not you could meditate, anything to get the message to your inner self.
Thanks Brigid.

DK