Second Attempt

Old 01-01-2003, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Second Attempt

Hi I'm Known as Gwyngyll

This is my second serious attempt at sobriety, I managed
7 months the last time but lapsed a year ago. My life is
really miserable at the moment (only 4 days in).

Really glad to find your site, I'm not one for personal group
contact so I hope this forum will give me some well needed support.

Thanks & Bye.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Gwyngy,

Welcome to the recovery forums. So glad you found us. There are some wonderful people here that offer a great deal of experience, strength, and hope. Many people have relapsed but few find their way back. Congratualtions on your new found sobriety. Hang in there it gets better.

Keep posting so we can get to know you better
Old 01-01-2003, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Gwyngy,Welcome to the forum.

I found recovery on my second attempt too and just like you my first few days were really lousy,but dont worry you will soon start to feel better.

One thing I would like to suggest to you though, is that you dont completely rule out a face to face AA meetig.It's ok to just chill for now and take as much support as you need from this website,but there are benefits that can be experienced from going to a face/face AA meeting tht you should not miss out on.

Hang on in there ok.

Peter
Old 01-01-2003, 12:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi. I'm RudiD, an alcoholic. But for the grace of God and a benefit of the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous I have not yet had a drink today, and for that I am truly grateful. Still beating the odds.

I started going to AA meetings immediately after leaving rehab (90+ meetings in 90 days, joining a group, getting active...) and it is largely to that I credit my unbroken sobriety. My sober date is April 21, 1991.

Even while I qualified myself as a lone wolf, the fellowship offered that I never had to be alone again. The meetings not only filled me with wonder as to how some people could stay away from a drink for multiples of years (some of them I did not, could not believe, at first) and provided inspiration, but also showed to me my own growth and worth to the ones who came after me.

Recovery is a wonderful experience. You will do very well to avail yourself of all the fellowship has to offer. It makes it all the more wonderful of an experience...really!
Old 01-02-2003, 01:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks for all your replies and support, after 10 yrs of alcohol abuse - the last few years as a solitary drinker I'm considering approaching my GP (Doctor) for some help. I don't no exactly what he can do but approaching him and admitting my problem will be a step forward I hope.

Thanks again everyone