Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Soooo sick of being sick, depressed, bloated, and tired

Notices

Soooo sick of being sick, depressed, bloated, and tired

Old 01-06-2006, 09:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Brigid! I understand, sort of, whatever works for you. Day 6 for me and hoping for 8 years of yours.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wow! Fantastic!
Old 01-06-2006, 10:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Great stuff Galestorm, keep going strong! Day at a time, don't worry about the years, day at a time.

How is your plan going?

love brigid
Old 01-10-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well, I have failed, I have bought more Vodka, no excuse really, just a couple of hard emotional days that I wasn't ready for. Don't give up on me, I will do it, I am not going to give up on me. I am determined, pray for me please. Thanks for all your support,
Old 01-10-2006, 08:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Chy

...and then there is tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Good to hear from you Galestorm, keep coming. It is a great feeling to pour alcohol down the sink. If you need to vent or share something please feel free, it can help more than anything.

Keep coming!

Praying for you,
love brigid
Old 01-17-2006, 08:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks Chy and Brigid, I was afraid to come back and to see who had responded to my failure, but it wasn't too bad, is this good? Well, I appreciate your concern and prayer. I thought I might keep connected here, seems like an anchor here or future anchor, be what may. I am finishing off the last of a bottle, and mentally trying to prepare myself for withdrawls. I prepare my water to set by my bed, so when I wake up I drink the water like if is the last drop on earth, a few hours later, I get up and get more water. In between these gulping episodes, I sweat, then I am cold, then I sweat again. I wake in the morning not refreshed but loopy, exhausted, and bloated with a sinus headache and drainage. Don't forget the shaking, that I blame on too much coffee. The bags under my eyes are growing, the pale sickly look is not the rave now days. I work, I can't wait for the end of the day , I catch my foot swinging nervously, flashes of having that first drink, the relaxation, the calmness, can't wait. The kids want to go out for dinner, NO, want to go to the movies, NO, want to have kids over to spend the night, NO, want to do anything after five, NO don't think so...
I am going for it again, don't tell me I am not ready, maybe I am not, but I am in the process, and that is what is important, to me, so far, if you have a miracle cure I am interested, if not, I am interested in your own cures, except AA, I have social phobia, one cure at a time please.

Galestorm
Old 01-17-2006, 08:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Originally Posted by Galestorm
The kids want to go out for dinner, NO, want to go to the movies, NO, want to have kids over to spend the night, NO, want to do anything after five, NO don't think so...
(((((Galestorm))))) the only miracle is finding the way to saying no to that first drink. You know I hated the idea that in a few years time I would still be missing out on my kids because of this dam chemical! I am so glad for their love and their company, that is something I am really grateful that I haven't missed out on totally.

You can live without drinking! That is when all the fun really starts.

If you are having withdrawal symptoms then you should see a doctor or naturopath, or someone who knows about the best way to manage that stuff. There are links to what you can expect at the top of the site.

REALLY GOOD to see you back here, go again. I practiced a few times before I quit drinking.

Is there an AA group where you are? Have you got rid of the alcohol out of the house? Have you thought about how you are going to manage this?

love brigid
Old 01-27-2006, 08:49 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks Brigid, you are thoughtful and caring and I thank you for sticking with me and my our struggle. I have done one more step, I have talked with my children. Ages 10 and 17, about my problem, I have never talked to them as indepth before, the 17 year old connected and stayed with me, but the 10 year old slipped into his room. It is obvious that there was a problem with me after five, but it was always routine with them. This was the first time I was clear talking about the problem, and telling them about the withdrawls that are about to come. Keep praying, Thanks
Old 01-27-2006, 09:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey ! there you are gale !

So glad you are back!

It was a great idea to talk to the kids, now you will have them "with you " and you wont need to hide stuff so much. I am sure it will be much less stressful for you !

Just dont drink today , let tomorrow take care of itself .

oh! one thing that worked for me , if I was having thoghts of that first drink, A HUGE THICK Choccy mikshake ! Worked wonders !

Welcome back

HUGX
Lee
Old 02-12-2006, 08:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I can proudly say I haven't drank for 16 days! YES! I haven't had any Nyquil, or any type of sleep meds, I believe this is the first time in about 8 years, with no help from alcohol or drugs to fall asleep. I still take the antidepressant, maybe it might just help me this time.

Sober today, and hopefully forever!
Galestorm
Old 02-12-2006, 08:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

Way to go Galestorm! I think the fact that you can fall asleep naturally is HUGE. I am envious of that ability. Sleep will get your head back to a healthy state.

You have my honest admiration.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good luck to you, Gale. As someone who has recently (I hope I did) hit bottom, the road back is long and painful, but worth it - from what I have seen.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:27 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Whoooooooooo! Hoooooooooooo! you rock !

How fantastic is that ? 16 days !

Well done

keep comming back

HUGX
Lee
Old 11-15-2007, 10:24 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi. How are you doing so far?
Old 11-19-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi Leg, Well, I am back on day 8, I wasn't going to post again until I had some weeks under my belt. Thanks for asking.