Notices

I finally went and did it... MY FIRST AA meeting

Old 12-31-2005, 10:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Chy

Way to go! Very happy for you!
Old 01-01-2006, 06:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

very happy for you suga,it does get easier,im a month sober on tuesday and i enjoy going to meetings,they really do help..people are so nice and helpful there
Old 01-01-2006, 09:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Way to go Suga! I've been to a meeting (rather the "parking lot" of a meeting) every day for two weeks and just haven't been able to pull together the courage to go in. I'm going to give it another shot today.

Great job!
Old 01-01-2006, 09:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Thank you all so much for the support! You Rock!

Steve, Congratulations on your Month!!! I'm about at the same place as you are - 34 days here! I agree with you about the AA meetings - it has really helped me feel so much better about myself for actually making it through that door! And, like I said... once I was there I felt so welcomed and such support. Like I had people who actually understood me... not just well intentioned people who would nod and say they understood when how can they if they haven't walked in my shoes? Family and friends who mean well are a wonderful thing, don't get me wrong... but wow, to actually have ONE person - let alone a WHOLE ROOM full of people - know how you feel and what you are going through is a beautiful thing.

Clyde40 - You are doing great for making it to the parking lot... I didn't even make it that far for months and months. My own fear was keeping me back. Suck it up buddy... just square those shoulders and get out of that car and say "cluck-it, I'm going IN today." You won't regret it, I promise. ~hugs~ My Mom lives in OP! Go Chiefs! (~cry~)

Hang in there and GO GO GO!

Happy New Year!

Suga