Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Ugh!!!! The nights are hard, but the mornings are great!!!!

Notices

Old 12-11-2005, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow, I WANT TO DRINK SOOOO BAD! I guess I just don't want it bad enough! I have had so much anxiety the past couple of days. I am sweating a bunch, I am eating all sorts of sweets and I have more energy than I know what to do with. It's making me a little irritable. I feel like I want a drink just to relax my nerves... I should mention that I have had depression problems in the past which included a little OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and I feel it coming back. I can't sit still, I am constatly cleaning and I just don't know what to do!!!! At least when I drank I could sit still! I don't want to trade in the drinking for Zoloft (depression) or Tylenol PM (to sleep). It makes me so angry!

Kristin
Old 12-11-2005, 04:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Kristin - This too shall pass. I know, that phrase sucks, doesn't it? But it's TRUE. Hang in there 5 minutes, one hour and one day (night) at a time and the urges do diminish. If you work an honest program of recovery, they even go away.

How about going to meetings at night?