# 21 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Right on G!

DK
Old 12-25-2005, 03:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Oh! Gideon!

Thank you so much for this thread !

I feel tired just reading and remembering how much hard work was involved in planning my drinking life!

I had a circit of 3 bottle shops I used, just "in case" anyone should dare to think i was a drunk! LOL never mind the boozy smell, and shaking hands, and the small change I had to count out the day before payday.

I would carefully consider the wine shelves! LOL on pay week I picked up "good red wine" on off payweek , a cask of anything red would do, the cheaper the better! Mind you , I think the red wine on my lips and teeth might have given them a clue LOL isn't it gross?

The rubbish run was another problem. I drank beer from cans 9 along with the "good red". The rattle of cans being emptied into the truck embarrassed me , so I would hide bagfuls of cans in the garage, and only take 2 out on rubbish day . Trouble was , I never caught up. I was 6 months sober, when I went to the garage for some hose fittings, and what did I find in an unused recycle bin ? 11 bags of empty cans.LOL

I also found after I got sober, a few 1/2 cans of beer, in very strange places! I used to hide the can I was drinking if anyone came to the door, then forget where I put it ! pathetic is right ! I also kept my toothpaste close to hand in case i had to answer the door! And I thought I was sane LOL

it does me so much good to remember where I came from

Thanks Gideon!

HUGX
Lee