Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

I'm back...had a rough couple of weeks...on day 5!!

Notices

Old 11-20-2005, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, I thought I would wait to come back until I could at least say I had a few days of sobriety...had a rough couple of weeks...I wont even go there...lets just say during 2 of the days I drank more than I think I ever have...really bad..seriously thought I was going to die...but I am now coming to the end of day 5...always seems to be a hurdle for me...once I get this far it seems to get better. So...it has been a rough 5 days but I made it. I have been checking out posts here...seems to ground me a bit when I am feeling overly anxious and stuff. So thanks to everyone for sharing your stories and advice. Anyways just wanted to share and hope you are all doing well with your own journey's
Old 11-20-2005, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

hi butterfly123, really great that you are back here! Five days is fantastic, I am just reading the book "The Da Vinci Code", I love numbers and in this book the five pointed star - pentacle - is the symbol for feminine goddesses, do you think five is a special number for us? Never know truly will we, but if things seem better after 5 days for you, then you are nearly there.

The boredom we feel when we give up is normal. You can do this!

love brigid
Old 11-20-2005, 09:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you! Welcome back!
Old 11-20-2005, 09:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks brigid, yes I dont know what it is about day 5...day 3 always seems to cause me the most anxiety, but day 5 seems to be the hardest...anyways, I started reading the Da Vinci Code a while back...have to find it again..I found it started off slow..but I was starting to get into it...hard to read though when your mind is blurred by alcohol...maybe I will finish it this time. Hope you enjoy it!!! Thanks for the support!! Best wishes to you also!!
Old 11-20-2005, 09:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Carol!