Notices

work

Old 11-11-2005, 04:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

work

i go to work 3 to 4 times a week for 8 hours. i move wooden logs from one place to another. it wasn't much of a job but it as still a job. and i guess they had to get rid of some ppl and i happen to be one of those folks. it takes alot for me to find jobs and it seems every job i get i get fired at. i got paid today and i give my gf my cash so i don;t spend it all on **** but befoe i went to my gf place i went downtown to get my check found this out and the first thing i wanted to do was buy a beer just to calm me down . i thought myself into a corner and decided that one beer would be ok and that i wasnt gonna hide it or anything i was gonna tell my gf. but man no one could have known how badly i wanted that beer or how many days i wanted that one beer and now i had an excuse to have it. funny thing is i got there i told the girl i wanted a big bear and he asked for my id and i didn;t have it which was amazing cause usually have it on me but this time it was at home cause i cleaned out my wallet and didn;t put it back . and that was the only reason that didn;t ruin my 10 day, i'm kinda glad i didn;t break it now though. idk i this is should even go in this area. it's more to do with being pissed off about my job then alcholism but anyways i wanted to just get it off my chest. thx for the listeners
Old 11-11-2005, 04:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Sounds like something more powerfull that you intervened and made it so you couldnt drink yesterday.

Nice!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Way To Go on your sober time!

Blessings...
Old 11-13-2005, 05:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

there are some things in life that beat me, they are so full of help in uncanny ways. Good luck finding other work, but particularly good work on staying sober, yeah!!! That is worth something particularly because you know you could have gone home gotten your id and still gone out and drunk that beer, BUT YOU DIDN'T, well done!! It will get easier, hang onto your resolve, remember that your mind will always be looking for an excuse, the more times you do not give in the less it will come back at you. It still comes back at me but not as often, my resolve now is for all time! I used to give into the trickster mind and let it think that maybe when I am old, that settled the thoughts somewhat, now it is never, trickster mind is a bit disappointed, the real me is pretty happy!!

love brigid
Old 11-13-2005, 06:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Nice one Dave!! I'm sorry about your job you sound like you handled it amazingly well!!!!! Things will work out, you'll see, 10 days is awesome well done!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i am taking it well. i've lost many jobs and i usually i do take it really hard. but i been ok lately, hanging with my gf nad shes helpign me with my resume and stuff. maybe it hasnt really hit me yet, or i have gotten use to it , idk i do care i'm just not feeling it. thx for your time guys.