Notices

I dont understand why this is happening

Old 11-10-2005, 11:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I dont understand why this is happening

I am so very sad right now, my brother is back in jail for his alcoholism. I tried so hard to help him, to help him get his life back on track, why is it so hard to quit. This is not his life, this is not what he was meant to be put here on earth for. I wish I could give him what he needs to get through this process. I pray from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed for his healing. I pray that God can delivery him from this life he is living. I do not know which is worse, it feels like a death. The loss of such a great guy. I just can not see the light at the end of the tunnel. We are all so tired of what he is doing to himself, I hate drugs, if I could eradicate one thing of the face of the earth it would be alcohol and drugs. This is one thing that I would do to save the many beautiful people that are affected by this ugly monster. My brother was given rehabilitation instead of jail time, he spent less than two weeks in the facility and left to drink and do whatever. Well now I know the judge will not give him a second chance and I do not blame him. But he is an alcoholic not a criminal. Life is so unfair sometimes. I just do not know how to get through this phase of greiving and being sad. I love my brother, but I do not know how to help him anymore.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

The best we can do for them... Pray

You didn't cause it
You can't control it or stop it
Only he can seek and untill he wants to seek, he will continue drinking.
Jail time could be his wake up call.

When he becomes sick and tired of what he is doing to his life that is when he will seek help and find what works.

It isn't fun for us watching it happen but we need to learn and realize... it is what needs happen so the user will learn and seek help.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Unhappy

Yes.... we all can understand your pain.

Hugs and prayers to you and your brother.

We have another forum "Friends and Family" that might interest you.

Blessings,,,
Old 11-11-2005, 01:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I echo Best there: some very wise words.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

HI and welcome,

Have you tried al-anon? If not...get going. It will give you hope, help and support, from other family members of alcoholics.

In order to find acceptance and understanding about alcoholism, you need to get educated about it. Its cunning, baffling and powerful.

Come over to the friends and family forum,,,,we understand.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Crying,
You know, there are just some things we can't do for each other. One of them is make someone else do what they don't want to do. Your brother isn't stupid. He knows what's going on. He's earned what he's getting. God is there, believe me. He just doesn't always answer our prayers the way we want him to. Keep praying, only pray for yourself that you can accept your brothers sitution and that it won't drive you as nuts as he is. When it's time for him to come around, he will.....or not! There's nothing you can do except take care of youself. We can sometimes, love someone to death. Love youself enough to step back and let God do his work.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well Said Music, though I disagree with some of the religious overtones, I agree with the overall thesis of your post.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

My family buried my brother this year, so sad, so sad. Our family was so sad, but there was no blame, we all tried to help, he tried too, but this disease takes people. He totally cut off for the last few years, the last thing he said to me came true, I didn't hear from him again until he died. I think it was his way of protecting us from the last very difficult part of it all. I prayed too, I have seen people come back to a sober life, to enjoy their family again and be part of the sunlight rather than the dark, I pray your brother is one of them.

love brigid
Old 11-13-2005, 06:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Sending prayers your way......

Hugs--