Notices

Equality

Old 10-29-2005, 09:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Abel

Equality

If you are anything like me, the B.S. and hoops you have to go through to start or even maintain your recovery almost drives you back to the bottle. Well i thought it would be good to have a total equal organization were there isnt anybody who doesnt want to be there you know. I went to a Substance abuse school in camp pendalton CA and i was there who were mandated to go. now clesrly they had no intenetions of quitting why would you surround people who are ligit and people who are there just becasue they were forced. That didnt make for a good enviroment you know. I just want somewere were people talk real and deep you they stuff that is reall bothering you maybe if it doesnt pretain to alcohol. it is just good to surround yourself with people who equal with you. Beacuse maybe you cant talk to someone who cannot relate..........0
Abel
Old 10-30-2005, 01:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi again...

Look for a closed AA meeting.

I have noticed more mandated in the open meetings.

Keep moving ahead...the best is yet to come.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I can understand how you feel about the people who do not wish to get clean however, if they are in rehab because of court orders or family pressure they probably need it so bad. I do not know how many people actually stay clean who are forced into rehab but, in my opinion if only one gets it is still worth it cause maybe a life has been saved.

You never know when something you say at a meeting might just be the words that turn on a light in the mind of someone who does not want to be there...
Old 10-30-2005, 02:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Abel, the one thing nobody can change is everyone else. You can only change you. We cannot remove all drinkers from our life, nor can we remove all smokers from our lives, nor can we remove booze and smokes from our lives or surroundings. Life goes on, and we have to cope with the temptations. You can choose what you do, and only what you do. There just isn't ever going to be a sober-perfect scenario for recovering addicts in the real world.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Abel

Yeah i guess the whole "adapt and overcome" come into play. Its just refreshing to be asround people who share the same thoughts amd issues that I share.

abel
Old 10-30-2005, 05:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You could try going to an AA meeting.