Notices

Well I messed up again.

Old 10-27-2005, 11:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well I messed up again.

I'm drunk right now. I've had 12 beers. I'm going to start my recovery again tomorrow.

You people are all so great, I wish you all the best in your recovery. Don't mess up like I did. You will feel horrible. I pray for all you every night. I'm going to start meetings again tomorrow, and get a sponsor, and REALLY work the steps. Look forward to hangin' with ya'll...

Phil

Hey Phillips...you still here?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Abel

One day at a time brother you know what is inside of you. Rome was not built in a Day
Old 10-27-2005, 11:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is another day....maybe in the morning you can give some thought to what happened as you made the decision to start drinking. Oftentimes the first thing to do is work on specific strategies for dealing with urges. I recall urges were pretty intense the next evening after getting drunk, for any number of physiological and psychological reasons. So planning for tomorrow night starts first thing tomorrow morning.
It might also be useful to start some notes about the negative aspects of drinking, since some of them should be pretty fresh in your mind!
Take care,
Don S
Old 10-27-2005, 11:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It took a longtime to become addicted...it will take a long time to recover....a lifetime. Your lifetime. It's worth it. Every day is a new beginning.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

Originally Posted by jusme
I'm drunk right now. I've had 12 beers. I'm going to start my recovery again tomorrow.

You people are all so great, I wish you all the best in your recovery. Don't mess up like I did. You will feel horrible. I pray for all you every night. I'm going to start meetings again tomorrow, and get a sponsor, and REALLY work the steps. Look forward to hangin' with ya'll...

Make sure you mention yourself in your prayers at night.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, stormy,
It will be important to overcome the belief that drinking helps to relieve pressure, whether from moving or work or anything at all. Alcohol is very effective at relieving stress in the short term, but severely interferes with our long term goals. The key is to write out those long term goals, develop strategies for coping with urges, and remind yourself that short term benefits aren't worth the costs.
Don S
Old 10-28-2005, 02:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks guys for the advice. I'm on my 15th beer now and I feel like such an a**. This is way harder than i thought it would be. Man, I'm looking forward to getting more involved in AA. Hope to make some new friends there, hang out, and learn about myself and this addiction. Hope i don't regret all this tomorrow morning. Phil.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Phil :congrats your new beginning!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Today is a new day.
Move foward.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

you can always come back
welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2005, 02:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

wow,that was me yesterday,only i got physically hurt again.I seem to have a problem with stairs when I have been drinking.You will soon find out what I mean if you continue.Im good,at times,and only drink a few beers but then there ARE the days I drink more and nothing ever good happens like the good ole days anymore.You keep drinking and you WILL see.Make an effort.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Straight shooter

Originally Posted by jusme

Phil

Hey Phillips...you still here?
If you are driven within yourself that is the only factor necessary to maintain sobriety. It is definately a good thing to ensure some type of support to keep things on the straight & narrow path but you must start within. Glad to see you here at SR!! It is a good form of support & has worked well for me!!!! Hope it keeps you on course.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Straight shooter

Glad to see you came here after you determined you had slipped up...tommorow is another day & no time like now to start over.....its a good thing to know that you need to get back on track.