Notices

Just the beginning

Old 10-15-2005, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just the beginning

I have just began my road to recovery. Acually this is only my 3rd day. But this is the first time in my life that I am able to admit I have a problem. I guess I would be what you call a binge drinker, until this summer I never drank often, but when I did, I DID! My boyfriend didn't like me going to bars, so I started drinking at home. Too often I might add! He would get mad about that so I would just do it all again to get rid of the guilt, I would start first thing in the morning and maybe go for a week doing that. I could go for a week and not drink and start the cycle all over! I now realize that I am not one of those people that can have a couple and I never will be! He says he is done with me, and I really don't blame him. I'm just glad that I found this message board and that I have accepted the fact that I have a problem! Just hope I stay as determined as I am right now!
Old 10-15-2005, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome itlbealrite!
Great username

Everything usually ends up being alright as long as I don't take the first drink. I'm one of those too... Just a couple never worked for me.
Three days already... Well done.
So what's your plan?
Old 10-15-2005, 12:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Michael

Welcome to sobriety. I worked my way through binge drinking to constant drinking and I have no idea where that behaviour would have led next. I am glad you got into sobriety at an earlier stage than I did, you have saved yourself from years of heartache. It must be hard for you without you boyfriend's support and I hope that the information and advice you receive here in some way substitutes for that.
Best Wishes
Michael
Old 10-15-2005, 12:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome itlbealrite.

Staying sober is easier and more fun when we do it together, so stay with us a while.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying and welcoming me. After being on here I don't feel so alone. Thanks again and I WILL be back!
Old 10-15-2005, 05:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I bite.

Nice to meet you!
Old 10-15-2005, 06:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

Hey, welcome! You will find folks here with more in common with you than you can imagine.

My pattern was a bit different: a third to a half a bottle of vodka....nightly! Then fighting through the hangover most of the next day, ready to go at it again the next evening. Got kind of expensive cause I would pour the bottle down in the drain in the morning and need another the next night.

However, one thing that we have in common: once that first drink is in my I am toast.

There is lots of good info here. Glad you found us!