Notices

court problems

Old 10-04-2005, 09:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

court problems

I had to do an unexpected "drop" for my probation officier today. I am on currently on probation for 2 DUI's in a short amount of time. I drank heavily Sunday night, however managed to stay sober yesterday and today. I drank like a case (24 beers) sunday and hope and pray that I dropped clean. I guess I ask for GOd's help only in bad situations. I guess the good news is that I care about todays situation. A few weeks ago I didn't give a ##### about my life or my addiction. I still was attending meetings though i continued to feel hopeless. O well, tomorrow I'll work on day 3 of sobriety, this time around I really do feel like a miracle each day i get. It's that hard for me to stay sober right now. I kinda like this website and feel it has a ton of useful information.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

It does get easier.

A few years under my belt, so I know it does get easier.

keep collecting one day at a time and you will find that in time it gets easier for you also.

Don't give up and don't give in. You can do it.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

So if you don't drop clean you will really be up the creek right?

I would say the law is now putting a gun to your head. You can't drink or you will be taking the bus for a long time. That would really suck. Play the tape through the next time you want the beer. Imagine yourself on the bus. Imagine yourself back in court.

You have more to lose than you think you do. Beer is not worth it.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

Congrats on 2 days. AA is also a great helper - if you choose to work the program. It IS a lot of hard work; but if you are sick and tired of being sick and tired; tired of where your life has been going - it's more than worth it...you will be amazed before you are half way through. If you are feeling hopeless and going to AA; I must think that you don't have a sponsor, a home group, nor participating. Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional.

Keep hanging on. So if your urine comes back dirty...still planning on staying sober?

Like Andrew said, if you are serious; play the tape through...don't stop when you are instantly gratified and feeling "good", continue on...being picked up for another drunk driving; killing someone; killing families; killing self; going to prison for life; getting in an accident not bad enough to kill you, but bad enough to paralyze you or make you like a vegetable, just lying around unable to think clearly - living for survival; maybe even life support for a while? Any of these are possible; all you have to do is pick up one and the rest will follow. So play the tape through TO THE END and ask yourself, is it really worth it? If you can still say yes; you best call your sponsor right away and get yourself to a meeting. Living in Chicago, I'm sure there are meeting round the clock.

Blessings,
Jen
Old 10-05-2005, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

Sharkey:

How did it go? Did you drop clean? Did you stay sober?

Use the law involvement as an "excuse" to stop drinking for awhile. If you get past a week clean it is easier to stay that way. I relapsed a bunch of times just shy of a week. got a bit easier once I got over the hump.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I won't know for a week or so. Yeah there are meetings from 6AM to about 1AM
something like over 3,000 in the chicago land area. The truth is I won't get sent to jail even if my drug test is "dirty". My probation officier tells me Cook county jail is way way overcrowded and they simply can't lock everyone up. I would just have to see her more often and it will cost more $$$. I posted before how i had 10months, I think 9 and a half months clean and relapsed July 4. I actually had the money (thanks to sobriety) to do myself a lot of harm and i did.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sharkey, I've seen lots of folks GET clean, but not as many STAY clean.

I've never seen anyone stay clean to stay OUT of jail.

I've never seen anyone stay clean to stay IN a job.

I've never seen anyone stay clean to stay OUT of divorce court.

I've never seen anyone stay clean to stay IN a relationship with their kids.

Ya know who I HAVE seen stay clean?

Folks who are just plain sick of this $hit...are you?

BubbaBob