Notices

Another evening saved by SR

Old 10-01-2005, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

Smile Another evening saved by SR

Well, tonight was a tough one. I think I have figured out my 'trigger'. Its boredom I think. I probably should have kept busy this evening, I mean physically, doing something. But having worked all day I just wanted to sit around. I wanted a drink for the first time in days today.

I hang around these boards for quite a while just to keep my mind focused on staying quit. To remind myself of why I am quitting. To keep my motivation up. You guys are a life saver here. I am grateful for your replies to my posts and for your support. Even if you don't realize you're supporting me, you are. Just by being there.

Thanks! Off to bed I go!
Old 10-01-2005, 11:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
alconaut

Originally Posted by 4health
I hang around these boards for quite a while just to keep my mind focused on staying quit. To remind myself of why I am quitting. To keep my motivation up. You guys are a life saver here. I am grateful for your replies to my posts and for your support. Even if you don't realize you're supporting me, you are. Just by being there.

Thanks! Off to bed I go!
I second your emotions, 4health. Congratulations on your continued recovery and not slipping up today!
Old 10-02-2005, 03:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Anytime another alcoholic or addict steps out of him/herself long enough to realize that there truly is some kind of free and joy filled gift in the act of helping another, the circle is closed once again.
Anytime any of us take the time to post here, about our struggles this 24, we change the world for another just like us, who may just find in our words, the fuel to fight for another sober day.

It's what the addict who founded this site did, and it's what you did too, 4health.
Thank you.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I think of

SR as the ideal place to practice my recovery motto....

Each One Reach One!
Old 10-02-2005, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

Smile Carol

I have something to share. I am very happy right now. My dah (dear alki hubby) is cutting back. I think some of it is because I am not drinking. His drinking buddy is gone and it also might be easier for him to abstain if I am not drinking. He also told me he was envious of my quitting. So that means he'd like to quit but maybe not quite ready to take that step. Also, he was cutting back before I told him I had quit. I had quit for 2 weeks before I told him. So who knows. Maybe this will be the best thing I ever did for my family. Maybe it will give him the strenght and will to do it too.

I want to add that I am not going to get my hopes up so much that if he doesn't stop I'll say screw it. He isn't the reason I chose to quit or the reason I am choosing to abstain. That was for myself that I made those choices. His quitting would be an added bonus.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I think you

have the right idea....

I lived with a non smoker for 3 years and seldom smoked at home.
He also mever cussed .... I noticed my language cleaned up too!

Recovery by example is what we do in AA.

Blessings to you and your family...
Old 10-03-2005, 02:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Boredom is my worst enemy as well! I have to keep busy all the time.

I found it easier to keep a long list of things to do readily available at al ltimes. When you feel bored, get cracking on the list!
Old 10-03-2005, 03:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

SR is an interesting format
i find myself doing the same thing
it's like a meeting
but
i'm home
and
i get what i need
maybe helping another with a reply to a post
or
getting some insight from a post