Notices

Movies. Redux.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

Originally Posted by Retro_Girl
I used to watch films and get entirely into them while drinking wine or cocktails. I would feel the emotions too. Total escape from reality. Mine were Jane Eyre, Age of Innocence, Ethan Frome, Amadeus etc...I would start in the afternoon and then go until late. My husband would come home and say, " you're watching this again??" LOL
That's what I am talking about! I am learning how to reconnect with movies in a new way, if that's possible. If not no harm done as good movies are pretty few and far between. And, like drinking, perhaps I have done enough videos and should go back to practicing my banjo.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AndrewBeen
If not no harm done as good movies are pretty few and far between. And, like drinking, perhaps I have done enough videos and should go back to practicing my banjo.
Heh that's for sure about the good movies. But still man, you should get back to the banjo. Music is truly a wonderful thing...its been my true passion for most of my life. I play Guitar and Bass..and its so wonderful when your feeling down to just go play...and vent yourself through your music
Old 09-30-2005, 01:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

movies

I remember watchng Leaving Las Vegas drunk and wished I was in Vegas drinking myself to death. Pretty sick huh? Traffic is a great movie and gives the viewer a chance to see the joke the U.S. calls a "War on Drugs." lol
Old 10-04-2005, 06:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I agree SPF77, it must be wonderful to have a musical talent & be able to play emotions out through it. Having no choice but to only being able to listen to music, Andrews thread has made me realise something else. Not only do I fixate on certain movies when drunk, but Albums too. Christ, I need to buy a totally new music collection! Each CD has had my heart, passion, soul and complete and utter drunkeness stamped all over it. Not only that, I was Debby Renolds again the other night....that woman has got a terrible voice!! Still trying.