Notices

11 months ago

Old 09-23-2005, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

11 months ago

So, tomorrow is 11 months for me. In some ways, I can not believe that I have actually gone 11 months without using. I knew in my heart when I started this journey that it had to be done, I'm just so happy that I've made it this far.

I hope that dosen't come of sounding over confident or braggy, it's just that I was thinking last night about where I was last year at this time. Was just talking with my partner about the changes he sees in me, and we remembered that last September I was detained under the mental health act, handcuffed and admitted to the psych ward in a strange city. I was staying in my boss's home(she was out of town) and went on a terrible bender that resulted in the police coming to her house and taking me to the hospital. I was so alone and so drunk. Had to convince the psychiatrist that I was not a danger to myself or others. Luckily, was able to be coherent once they flushed my system and I sobered up. It was my bottom, I just didn't realize it at the time. Went back out for another month before finally giving in and admitting myself to rehab.

It's just really powerful to me, to sit here....sober and growing everyday. I told my boyfriend that in some ways I feel like a whole new person. What a change in such a relativly short period of time.

I'm extremely grateful to have a second chance at my life. It's hard everyday still, but I'm becoming stronger with every hurdle that I cross. I'm becoming grateful to my sobriety.

Last edited by j'ade d'arcy; 09-23-2005 at 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-23-2005, 08:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for sharing your recovery with us!!! It is so great that you have grown so much and wonderful, positive things are blooming in your life. Even better things are on their way to. You got the key to a whole new life and now you are walking in the joy of the light on this journey. You are such an inspiration to everyone!!! You know you got us here on SR and we love you! We will be right here for you a month from now when you hit that big 1 year. Thanks for showing us that it can be done!!

Love,
Angel
Old 09-23-2005, 08:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

Smile J'ade...

"I hope that dosen't come of sounding over confident or braggy" Nope, You sound wonderful and happy to me. Full of hope and joy in the fact that in one more month you'll have a whole year under your belt. You have a right to be happy and a right to be proud of your accomplishments over the last 11 months. So please, enjoy your 11 month anniversary! You deserve it.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Hey CONGRATULATIONS j'ade d'arcy!!!!!

There is, I think, a big difference between "over confident or braggy" and acknowledging that positive change is actually occurring in your life.

Originally Posted by j'ade d'arcy
It's just really powerful to me, to sit here....sober and growing everyday. I told my boyfriend that in some ways I feel like a whole new person. What a change in such a relativly short period of time.
It's odd. I go back and forth between thinking that my recovery is not really that big of a deal and thinking that it really is that big of a deal. And sometimes, I feel like I am just making it all up, that it isn't real. But it is. Stopping drinking and doing all the things I need to do to stay stopped really have made that big of a difference in my life.

One Love, One Heart,
Tony
Old 09-24-2005, 06:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Fantastic!

Here's to you Jade! Cool!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Congrates are in Order

Thank you so much for sharing that today that lifted my heart in a time where I really needed it lifted. I thank you for all of the support that you give here at SR and for the true love that you show for the program

Love Vic
Old 09-24-2005, 08:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
comgrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
every day sober is a reason to celebrate
enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best
fraankie
Old 09-24-2005, 09:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 11 months.Soon you will be at your 1 yr milestone and for me that was a special feeling.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 months!!
Old 09-24-2005, 01:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Eleven months! Awesome. Keep doing what works.

hugs,

phinny
Old 09-24-2005, 01:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Congrad's !

On your 11 month's! :band
Old 09-24-2005, 04:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Congrats on an amazing 11 Months

nogard
Old 09-24-2005, 04:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you all soooooooooooooo much for reading my post and for your well wishes!!

I'm celebrating my 11 months tonight with a couple club soda's and later on, some yummy hazelnut coffee!!

I'm just finding this portion of my first year very important for reflection. Just because I'm able to compare the differences in myself and my life to this time last year, and it's like night and day.

Thanks again for caring!!
Old 09-24-2005, 04:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Dan

Hazelnut coffee? That stuff will kill ya
Congratulations j'ade.