Notices

Triggered and ready to go yesterday

Old 09-21-2005, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Triggered and ready to go yesterday

I don't know what was going on yesterday, but everything felt right for some drinking. Thought about it all day, rationalized it in my head that it would be my big slip and then I would get back on the wagon today. Didn't do it though. Played it out in my mind over and over and realized that if I slipped yesterday, I would just continue to slide away. Realized that if I used yesterday, I would be back on the insanity train today.

When my boyfriend got home last night, he smelled of booze and the smell actually made me sick. After all the struggle during the day, and then deciding to not pick up, the smell of him was disgusting. I made him sleep on the couch.

Am so grateful right now to still be sober and not hungover and feeling all the pain again.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How long has it been for you? I'm on my fourth day, and for the first time all week I am starting to feel like I don't even want to drink. It's kind of weird when you start to realize life goes on without it.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad that you made the better decision. It isn't easy, but we can do it and then feel good about turning it down.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Mrs.J!

I'm just coming up on 11 months. These cravings seem to come right before my sobriety dates (nine months was tough). Not sure why, but that seems to be the pattern for me so far. I'm hoping that I can get past this first year and then maybe things will get easier for me.

I'm so determined one day, and then a craving hits and I think, who cares, what's the point, then I think...duh....I'M THE POINT!!

Getting stronger everyday though.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

My husband drank last night but I didn't. I slept in another bedroom. I didn't want to smell that either. It feels good doesn't it? To wake up feeling good!!
Old 09-21-2005, 09:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Angelhugs!!

I do feel good this morning knowing that I turned the beast away at the door again.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Forhealth!

I was thinking the same thing this morning. I was up and felt good, he was slugging around the house with a mini hangover. I didn't feel sorry for him at all. Then he realized that we were out of coffee.

Seriously though, I was reflecting last night after I kicked him out of the bed about how I would have felt at that moment before sleep if I would have picked up. I know that I would have had insomnia and the constant craving to get more more more. I would have had the night sweats, headachy feeling that comes before the hangover. I know that I made the right choice in staying sober.