Notices

im scared

Old 09-14-2005, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

im scared

im so scared i dont want to drink again i know i am an alcholic and this will not my frist time attempting recovery. i am a binge drinker and not a nice one at that i need someone who knows what i am going through.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi There,

Firstly please know that you are not alone... We alcoholics are found everywhere and in every walk of life...
Secondly I am glad you are here. You will find alot of support here and you will see glimpses of your own story sprinkled here and there.
My name is Kellie and I am an alcoholic, In the end I drank pretty much around the clock...one big constant binge.
Let me know if you need anything or have any questions.

Welcome
Old 09-14-2005, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Dan.
Alcoholic.
Sixty some days sober.
Glad you're here.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi,

I'm also a binger, not a very nice one at that and tried to give up many many more times than I care to remember. I'd recommend reading the AA big book. Even if you decide AA is not for you there are some gems in there. Also read the stories, as many as you can get your hands on. As Kellie has said, you will find bits of yourself in them.

Remember there are millions of us and I don't believe anyone is beyond salvation.

All the best
Lawry
Old 09-14-2005, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm here, too. Also a binge drinker. My name is Anne, and I'm an alcoholic. Please don't be scared. You have people who care, right here. I would repeat what Kel said - as a group, we all know what you are going through - your past and your present. You can find hope and safety here.

--anne
Old 09-14-2005, 03:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Me too...I'm also a binger! but you know once i went to AA i relaised that us binge drinkers are still alcoholics...especially since...very quickly once a month turned to once a weekend (still acceptable) ...NEVER day time...then one day during week plus weekend...all of a suffen (alcoholism is cunnig baffling and powerful) it was 4 nights a week minimujm PLUS sundays to reward self for not getting TOO battered...for me, it was like a homecoming going to AA...I met people just like me!!

who had also doubteed that they were this TERRIBLE THING.. an alcoholic!

for me, what a relief!

i hope you will try it

you are not alone
Old 09-14-2005, 04:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Me too. Daily drinker with about one blackout a week. I also smoked pot too, but only when I was awake. I'm giving it another go myself. Today is day 3 for me.

Doorknob
Old 09-14-2005, 05:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks for the support im glad that there are people here who care about the suffering alchoholic its just so hard its so natural to drink a beer with dinner
Old 09-14-2005, 05:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome........Congratulations for seeking a sober life.

Well...if I only drank 1 beer with dinner I would not be in AA recovery!
Then I would be missing a sober life that I treasure.

I was not a binge drinker...but a blurred one.
The last 5 years of my active addiction were all a blur.

Please stay here with us You can do this.
Blessings...
Old 09-14-2005, 08:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Getting Restored To Sanity

Welcome to SR. Glad you found us. We are all here to help each other, so...

instead of this:

its so natural to drink a beer with dinner
think Soda.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 4 a new life
im so scared i dont want to drink again i know i am an alcholic and this will not my frist time attempting recovery. i am a binge drinker and not a nice one at that i need someone who knows what i am going through.

Good for you!

I have 16 years sober, but I get inspired when I hear about people like you. I can remember that fear! It takes A LOT of courage to do what you're doing.

And the thing I admire the most--you have your eyes open. You're seeing the way it really is. Do you realize what a huge, huge thing that is? We're so good at fooling ourselves and keeping up the charade for others, sometimes doing things in the process we're definitely not proud of. So having your eyes open to the truth is MAJOR. Good on ya!
Old 09-14-2005, 08:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hang in ther 4 a new life. Drinking beers and smoking 1/2 pack for breakfast was so natural for me. I can't relate to the dinner stuff. You can do it.

And doorknob, glad to see you were a responsible pothead. You stated:" I also smoked pot too, but only when I was awake". Don't want to burn the house down falling asleep in bed or something.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Michael

4 a new life,
Welcome to the site. I wish you every success in your sobriety. You will get a huge amount of support and information here from people who have been through / are going through what you are experienciing.
You may or not have tried AA but I would recommend you give it a try. In the early days of sobriety the face to face support of AA meetings is invaluable and you will fare much better with it than on your own.
I look forward to hearing of your progress.
Michael