Notices

Lord Help Me, I Can't Stop

Old 02-11-2007, 10:08 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wozzek View Post
Thank you Josh!!! Your success story is soooo encouraging and gives me a better perspective on my struggles after a recent relapse. And it really helps a lot!! Thanks, again.

Relapse's suck. There is no denying one, or anyway around one. The only thing that someone can do is learn and move on. Such is life - no one is perfect. I have felt the deep physical and emotion pain of hitting a bottle after several months of being clean.

I do not claim sobreity, or believe that I been sober (100%, in all forms) in about a decade now. Some times SOME of us may have had a drink or two, smoke a bowl or two, or take whatever or two, at some point in our recovery. I think that the best the most of us can do at any point in our lives, is to remain damn-near as sober as we can be.

I speak for those of us who are not perfect, and do not strive to be. Great to those who can be 100% clean - the rest of us can just try; everyday. Just for today (forget about tomorrow), lets be clean. Recovery, as is life, is a journey. Not all of us will succeed, but lets try.

I will step off of my soapbox now - as a battle-hardend, hand-cuffed veteren, courtroom-riden, LEO-distrusting, bitter individual. I have payed thousands of dollars, spent hundred of hours, and have been publicly exposed in both print and film - as a trouble making, reckeless, and violent person. That is the furthest thing from the truth. I want to live my life in quiet sobrety, with my kids and my loved ones. I hope that everyone who desires the same will be able to achieve the dream.

Josh