Old 09-10-2005, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beacon?

Anybody heard from Beacon of late?

Old 09-17-2005, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Back from the Dead

Hello Rabbitt and everyone else,

First let me say that I just his my longest stretch without drinking since I was 16!!!

Second,

We had a small fire in this house. Actually, I set the kitchen on fire, but don't worry...I got the cats out. It seems that when you want to warm a pizza up in the oven...it is a good idea to take the pizza out of the box first. Who would have guessed? Anyway the damage was more smoke than flame related.

We have been staying at my wife's sister's house which, honestly, has been the greatest challenge to my sobriety thus far! We just got back into our house today, and I am sitting here staring at a big black spot on the wall. Tomorrow will be all sheetrocking and painting. No drinking.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Beacon
Old 09-17-2005, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you again!

Ironic to start a fire sober!!
Glad all is well.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Beacon
Hello Rabbitt and everyone else,

First let me say that I just his my longest stretch without drinking since I was 16!!!

Second,

We had a small fire in this house. Actually, I set the kitchen on fire, but don't worry...I got the cats out. It seems that when you want to warm a pizza up in the oven...it is a good idea to take the pizza out of the box first. Who would have guessed? Anyway the damage was more smoke than flame related.

We have been staying at my wife's sister's house which, honestly, has been the greatest challenge to my sobriety thus far! We just got back into our house today, and I am sitting here staring at a big black spot on the wall. Tomorrow will be all sheetrocking and painting. No drinking.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Beacon
Congrat's Beacon! Sorry about the smoke damage. I could see myself doing something like that, or putting a frozen pizza in the oven without taking off the cardboard on the bottom. My gf actually did that not too long ago, but I caught it before it even got close to burning. I'm so sleep deprived, I probably shouldn't even be driving. Oh well, if I get pulled over atleast I'm not drunk. Day 6 here.

Dk
Old 09-18-2005, 07:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Glad you are doing well ((Beacon)) Best of luck with the remodeling!!

I had to learn to check the oven for toys before turning it on. Who would have thought a lego would melt and then burst into flames!! LOL We just stook there for the longest time looking at it. Like, OMG the oven is on fire!! Yep, I was sober then too!!