Notices

I'm back; detoxed and sober.

Old 09-08-2005, 08:26 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Richey,

Nice! I am happy to hear you are off everything...even the Valium! Dude that rocks! Hang in there. It gets sooooo much better.

It is always darkest before the sun breaks through the clouds.
:e03c

I had to make myself eat and take my vitamins in the beginning....my body was so depleted from my terrible habits.

I just went to meetings all day the first three months. I just sat there like a zombie and listened.:andy: I also got a sponsor right away and started the steps...

The quicker you get into action the quicker the fog of war will lift from you.

Peace to You
Tanya
Old 09-08-2005, 11:11 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey Richey, congratulations and keep up the excellent work. You should really feel proud of yourself. Not only are you saving your life, but as time goes by, I think that you'll find that your sobriety will inspire others as well.

I'll be praying for you!!

Chris
Old 09-08-2005, 03:09 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Richey: It is a real joy to read your posts......hope you are feeling as good as you sound. Yes, I think you did get your miracle; and so did I just "seeing" this all...thanks for the hpoe!

Keep doing what you've been doing...fantastic!
Old 09-08-2005, 07:50 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I've only been to one meeting today, well, half a meeting :/
I got really really sick (throwing up) and someone took me home. I've been sick all day with vomiting and diarrhoea and I should've called a doctor but I didn't because, firstly, my doctor is slightly incompetant (and also will write me scripts of anything short of morphine) and, secondly, my parents always drilled it into me if you went to the doctors more than once every 5 years you were a weakling and an attention seeker.
Anyway, it's BAD now...I mean really bad. I'm passing blood and so cramped up it's hard to stand up straight. I'd go to the hospital but I've been rushed there so many times before for the same reason and just been given fluids and turned away a few hours later. I've got nothing else to do but sit here and feel like death and wait for the morning when I can hopefully call a different doctor :/
I'm not going to drink because of the pain (because drinking makes it ten times worse)...but I just need some people to talk to because I'm freaking out about this more than usual with the anxiety from withdrawing.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:36 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Chy

We're here Richey.. I do think you should go to the doctor though..dehydration can happen so fast and make you feel as bad as your feeling.. hang in there. How many days are you on sober? Just trying to get an idea of when it should get better for you.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:51 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hey Richey....

Yes.. try to keep hydrated... okay...?
just a pinch of salt and sugar in a quart of water... and it'll help your cells flush faster...

I know your struggling Richey.. and I'm by your side mentally.. lemme tell ya...

So.. just sips.. and keep them up... okay..??

And yeah.. I think you should go to a new doctor.. and let them do what they can for you buddy..
Your sincere in your desire to get well.. so.. care should be a lot more straight forward...

and just be gentle with your self...

Sending the white healing light to you .... full of love...
Old 09-09-2005, 01:08 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Binge poster

Hello you wee smasher

How you doing today? I've been so chuffed to see your posts and get a flavour of the huge effort you're putting in just now.
When I first met my partner and she told me she was an alcoholic and didn't drink (I knew absolutely nothing about all this stuff) my first reaction was that she had been unbelievably brave to have stopped.
Look at you! Brave, strong, giving others hope!

You're brilliant, even if you feel like **** right now.

You managing to take some of that salt/sugar solution stuff?

Thank you Richey for bringing a happy thing into my life

hugs, even if you're covered in puke,

Jane
xxx
Old 09-10-2005, 11:55 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Richey...

How you doing over there...????