Notices

back on day 1 again

Old 08-06-2005, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile back on day 1 again

HI

I am on day 1 again..lasted only 10 days and my mind took over and I just had to stop at the bottle shop on the way home...

any hints on how to avoid this stage ...is is very strong when it happens its like I am being posessed by someone else...

I know I can come through to the other side if I can only get past this stage..

please help....I really want to be sober
Old 08-07-2005, 12:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back...

Please read the replies to your earlier post. I just did and you received great advice.

Congratulations on your 10 days! Use that as a base for a new effort. The only failure is to stop trying.

Your way is not working for you. Try ours..

Blessings...
Old 08-07-2005, 01:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Hi TracyL

Originally Posted by TracyL
I am on day 1 again..lasted only 10 days and my mind took over and I just had to stop at the bottle shop on the way home..
This is why it is so hard to do this all by yourself. When all you have between you and that first drink is yourself and you want that first drink, you got nuthin between you and that first drink!

Learn to use the power of others to get you through these times. It works.

Suggestion: hook up with Daisy12326 and darlaw in the thread "Well... day 0..hopefully tomorrow will be better." There is safety and power in numbers.

Suggestion: try an A.A. or N.A. or SoberRecovery or .... recovery program and get some live, person to person support. There is safety and power in numbers.

Suggestion: next time you feel like you have to drink, come to S.R. and post a message first even if it's only "That's it, I'm off to start my descent back into insanity again." The alcohol will still be there waiting but sometimes all it takes is 15 or 20 minutes without giving in and the immediate craving will pass.

If you want to get sober and stay sober, you will have to do more than just wishing it were so. In fact, you have to be willing to do anything to keep from taking that first drink. Sorry, nobody said it was going to be easy. At least nobody said it to me.

But it will get easier and your life will start to improve in ways that you can't even imagine when you are still fighting the losing battle instead of just surrendering and doing what it takes to stay sober.

One Love, One Heart,
Tony
Old 08-07-2005, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Tracy,
don't give up. You can do it!

Back up on the saddle again!
Old 08-08-2005, 03:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by findingout
Hi TracyL

Learn to use the power of others to get you through these times. It works.

Suggestion: hook up with Daisy12326 and darlaw in the thread "Well... day 0..hopefully tomorrow will be better." There is safety and power in numbers.

One Love, One Heart,
Tony
That is an excellent suggestion. I have tried quitting by myself many times, and would usually only last three days. This time around, I am trying to become active in AA, work with a sponsor, and hang out with as many sober people as I can. It is still difficult, but having the support of others does help.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
vitalsixthsense

If I don't drink I won't get drunk.

If I don't drink I won't get drunk. First I had to read the book to know what the problem was. Then I had to decide to work the program. Now I need to Go to meetings, work the program, and don't drink one day at a time.

Last edited by vitalsixthsense; 08-09-2005 at 03:57 PM. Reason: If I don't drink I won't get drunk.