Notices

So many questions, so little time

Old 08-05-2005, 01:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So many questions, so little time

What I am wondering is if I acknowledge my alcoholism and seek help for such, is it a good idea to stop smoking weed at the same time? Now I realize that they are both addictive substances, but my justification is that alcohol makes me\ people, very aggresive. Weed, on the other hand, does just the opposite; it makes most people very passive. So, again, if there are people here that have\ want to give advice in this area, please let me know what it is and why???

nucldragr
Old 08-05-2005, 02:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, nucldragr;
The one thing I can suggest is this. Smoking weed means you are not clean and sober. It also lowers your inhibitions and can make relapses more likely. So, if you want to quit drinking, it would probably be counter-productive.
I wish you well on your journey. Others with more knowledge will be around to give more detailed answers.
Good luck to you....
Shalom!
Old 08-05-2005, 02:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Hey nucldragr,

The problem I see with continuing to smoke weed is the passiveness. You are going to need to take some real action to make it past the hump of simply not using and continuing to use a drug that makes me passive is not the way I would choose to go about that.

Marijuana holds no more answers than alcohol. They are both just drugs that you don't need to be happy, joyous and free.

One Love, One Heart,
Tony