Notices

Withdrawal symptoms??????

Old 08-03-2005, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Withdrawal symptoms??????

I have a question I hope you all can help me with. My mother is the A. in my life and has been for the last 18 years. Week before last she became ill with the flu, and was constantly throwing up. She went to the doctor and they told her she had an urinary tract infection, gave her medicine and sent her home. Her condition got worse and worse, to the point where she was unable to walk yesterday so she was rushed to the hospital where they admitted her. They confirmed the urinary infection and said she was dehydrated. When I went to go visit she was shaking all over and said she had the chills. Now my question to you all is; is any of this signs of withdrawal from alcohol seeing that she hasn't has a drink in two weeks (says she tried twice but kept throwing it up). What exactly are the withdrawal symptoms? I'm sure it may be different with every person but any and all information would be of great help. And please pray for her. Thanks to everyone, love you all
Old 08-03-2005, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

those sound like the withdrawal symptoms I had... It's entirely possible she lied about not having a drink in two weeks... I know I lied about it all the time.

My best to you. Sounds like a great time to get close to your Mom. Don't get mad at her, try and understand her point of view and get her the help she must need.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Lightbulb

We have a lot of info here on withdrawal/detoxing.

Look at the top sticky started by Chy.
on page 4 I posted a useful link on PAWS.

I am flad your Mom is where she needs to be..under medical supervision.
I suggest you tell her doctor about her drinking habits. In order to treat her correctly...doctors need the facts.

Blessings....
Old 08-03-2005, 04:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

I agree with Carol, it's important, very important the doctors know of her drinking habits to properly prescribe and treat her. Some medications will have an adverse affect on her. I'll be praying for her.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Brand New Day

I'm thinking of you & your mother. Hope things are better today.

K.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Angry Keep her in your prayers.

I did as you all told me, we went to the hospital that day and explained to the doctor her past drinking habits and he told us he would look into it. Since then the situation is slowly getting worse, yesterday she started spitting up blood (which she does not recall, she's been drugged with alot of medication that has her in and out of sleep), woke up with 104 tempeture. The doctors last night did a test where the put a tube with camera at the end thown her throat to look at her lungs. She has been transfered to an isolated room, the doctors fear it may be TB, so now everyone who enters the room has to wear a mask. It just seems to be getting worse and worse, and the doctors have yet to tell us what the exact problem is. The family is heading out to the hospital today to have a meeting with her doctor to get some sort of answers. Thanks everyone and PLEASE continue to keep her in your prayers.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with the others. The doctors need to know about the drinking. Although, with blood test they might already know. Some of those sound like withdrawal but, not after 2 weeks. However, they could also be from the infection. She and your family are in my prayers. Sometimes it is very hard to find what the problem is. She has so many different symptoms, that they can lead them in the wrong direction. If you have not already, I'd suggest you check out Alanon, or another support group. You'll meet others with the same issues and learn how to cope and help with your mother. Don W