Notices

Back From Camp

Old 07-31-2005, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Braveheart

Back From Camp

Hi SR!

Well, I'm back from camp. What a great weekend we had! Enjoyed the fellowship of one of my best girlfriends and her family. We did all the activities offered and ate more than really necessary. One thing about camp is that you never go hungry - that's for sure!

Told my girlfriend about my recovery program. She was very supportive. Told me I needed recovery years ago! Invited me over during the week and get a facial. She's beginning a new career in skin care. (But, of course, darling, cleanse me! LOL.)

I'm on Day 8 - earned my 7-day coin! , but I'll have to wait until the end of August to get it. By then, though, I will have earned my 7-day, 2-week, and one month all on the same day (being that coin meetings are but once per month). How's that for a vision! I'm really looking forward to Tuesday's meeting.

I'm feeling well today. A little tired from the weekend, but surprisingly optimistic and peaceful. With the BF at work, the house is tension-free. But also a lot of realizing that there is very little that we have control over other than our decision to not drink. The rest will fall according to God's will. Gotta have faith in that!

We have his two sons visiting until Wednesday - it's always nice to have them around. They are good kids. It was a surprise to see them as I wasn't told that they would be down. A pleasant surprise, tho'. Apparently, they will be looking into local High Schools tomorrow with their Dad. Thinking about moving in!? Wow! Looks like there are more changes on the horizon that just my sobriety! They said that they were talking about it. My reply? Well, keep talking about it, guys, I'm sure whatever you decide will be the right thing. How's that for progress! :sl

Well, got a couple of cars to wash and wax! Check back later. Thanks, SR!

Until next time...

Gina
Old 07-31-2005, 05:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you are in such a positive place!
Old 07-31-2005, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

glad to you back home and glad to hear that you are feeling good today!
Old 07-31-2005, 07:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you Gina - keep it 1 day at a time!
JMHS
Old 07-31-2005, 08:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

That is totally awesome Gina I am so proud of you and it looks like you are making remarkable progress. I was like that early also and then that pink cloud left and I was wondering WTF is this all about. Well I think that we just need to keep it all in one day at a time and like you said leave it in our Higher Powers hands. My problem is that I give it to him or her LOL and then I take it back and wonder why it doesnt' work

Love Vic
Old 07-31-2005, 08:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Braveheart

I unintentionally stumbled upon the Al-Anon NA meeting at 5:00 p.m. today. The topic was Expectations. Now, after re-reading my earlier post, I can see that there are some expectations in there that I am placing upon myself regarding my sobriety. Hummm. I suppose I need to evaluate my vision and keep it simple and keep it daily. Nothing wrong with forward thinking, just to remember its the journey and not necessarily the destination. So far, my meeting topics have included Resentments, Patience, and Expectations. If that isn't it in a nutshell and in that order! God is Good! Still much work to be done, but I sure am happy about the peace that has been placed in my heart and the clarity of mind in comparison.

Gina