Notices

I'm New Here, Too

Old 07-25-2005, 08:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Braveheart

Hi Everyone

Just got done with the Monday night meeting: Topic was resentment. I enjoyed it and felt connected. Thank you for sharing with me and allowing me to share, too. Today is my second day of sobriety and so far, so good. Got passed my "afterwork drink" with some difficulties, but went for the coffee! I find your encouraging words to be very helpful to my decision to recover. I will stop by tomorrow to check in. Again, thanks for the support. I could hardly wait to get home and get on! My prayers are with you.

Until next time.... Tally-Ho!

Gina
Old 07-25-2005, 08:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Gina you will do just fine just hang with the winners and you will be ok We love you deeply and imagine that I can actually love today, four months ago I couldn't even begin to love me let a lone you. So it does work if we work it
Old 07-25-2005, 08:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Braveheart

Thank you, Vic. Thank you so much!
Old 07-25-2005, 09:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Braveheart

I should be heading off for bed, but can't seem to stop checking out the threads. I just had to tell NoMoBeer that I love that BS flag thing! LOL! I needed some laughter!
Good night, everyone.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Yeah I know SR is addicting also, I have just found another recovery site so I think that I might need to check it out, I will be here also and I will check up on you Gina I will not leave you OK. Hope that you have yourself a wonderful day, did you get a hold of a Alcholic Annonymous book Big Book, that seems to help also, just to read the first 164 was suggested to me a long time ago.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Braveheart

Good morning All

Day 3 and woke up feeling hopeful. Turned on my KLOV radio station. Prayed for God's intervention today. Today will be my first meeting and a stop by the bookstore. I'll be sure to share my experience with SR. Overall, I feel good. Enjoy this new day! It's back to the grind for mo'money! LOL. (Actually, I thank God for my job - there are good people there, too!)

Gina
Old 07-26-2005, 08:39 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Hey Gina it has a good story about that also in the Big Book the drive to succeed almost kept one of our co founders drunk lol, well anything for right now just to stay clean and I am proud to have you here. Just keep up the faith and everything will be ok. Wish that I had a job, but I am moving lol
Old 07-26-2005, 11:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Congrats on the three days, Gina!
Old 07-26-2005, 07:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I see that you are still hanging in there I am proud of you and I hope that both of us and everyone here will get one more day. Gods will not mine be done
Old 07-26-2005, 08:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Yes, SR can be addictive. However, many times we can go to bed after with a
" Natural Smile" and a reachable dream. Don W
Old 07-26-2005, 10:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Braveheart

Hi Everyone

Just got back from my first H.O.W. meeting. Met some very nice people who welcomed me. It was kind of scary. I was choking back tears thinking what it would be like. Would I be overly emotional? Have a breakdown? But found the courage to keep driving. Along the way I kept reminding myself that God must have a plan for me and that I need to do the work to get the rewards. Found the place without trouble. Walked to the front doors, they were locked. Saw the sign to the Office headed downstairs and then stood at the stairs comtemplating whether to decend. Took a deep breath and remembered again that "we must pick up the hoe" (saw that in another thread, and liked it!) and proceeded. Saw the light on and walked passed to the bathroom. Did my business and bravely walked in.

They welcomed me just as you said they would. I got my 24 hour coin (it was coin night!) and the topic was patience. About 20 or so in attendence. They asked me to read the Twelve Traditions and I did when the time came. This is exactly what I need. They were all friendly, gave me a round of applause. First 72 hours sober, first AA meeting. The people there just like me - working through recovery.

I purchased the Big Book (btw, bookstores don't sell it - I tried to buy one earlier this evening) they gifted me Living Sober and a schedule of all the meetings in the area. Also suggested a couple that I'd probably like to be a part of. So my homework is to read the first 168 pages of BB and "keep coming back".

I am so grateful to have found you, guys here at SR. For your wisdom and encouragement. For posting to me and telling me that SR does not take the place of f2f. You were absolutely correct on this one. I can see that it is imperative to meet with other recovering alcoholic if to simply not feel alone inthe recovery process. Warm tears are streaming down my face right now because I am moved by the compassion and understanding I have been shown. Something that the bottle has never done for me. I don't know what tomorrow or the next days will have in store for me, but I don't think I'm gonna miss my old life too much. At least tonight I can say that, and I said that yesterday, too. Enough is enough - no more monkey business! Off that merry-go-round and into me, my life, and my sanity.

I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you as you give me strength even when offline.

Until next time.... tally-ho!

Gina
Old 07-26-2005, 10:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Braveheart

Still getting the silent treatment at home and my son still away visiting. I believe God is giving me a clean calendar so that I can quietly comtemplate. This house have never been as quiet as it has been lately. It' rather peaceful.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:08 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Gina, you are doing all the right things. Gosh do I remember the fear and trepidation of going to my first A.A. meeting. And this was after I'd been going to N.A. and I should have known there was nothing to fear!

Keep looking forward, don't look back. Things will get better on all fronts if you give them time, so be patient.

One Love, One Heart,
Tony
Old 07-27-2005, 08:36 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Every day is a good day!

Gina Mouse,
How are you today sis???? Day 6.... and counting girlie. My eyes are clear, boy they sure look nice not being bloodshot!!
Did you listen to your Reba today? Can't wait to see you in Sept. I miss your face!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:39 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Every day is a good day!

PS: Share your experience last night with us....
Old 07-27-2005, 03:43 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

That is totally awesome Gina and I am glad that you got to your first f2f meeting, and you know I have cried a lot during my first few months in front of this computer, and still today, I can read something and it will just flow. At first I would push the tears back but these people here told me it is ok to cry, and what a relief it is also. I am so glad that you are here and helping me to stay clean and sober. Love Vic
Old 07-27-2005, 06:20 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Braveheart

Happy Wednesday Evening All

Well, I got my baby boy back today afterwork (baby boy -he's 13 but my youngest). He had a great time. Day 4. Had some anxiety in my travels afterwork. A craving creeping up. Pushed it away and remembered about the harm alcohol has done as opposed to satisfying my urge. Didn't last long. I am going though those tea bags!

Just wanted to check in while my son is showering. I'm sure we have a lot to catch up on. He's quite the chatter box. He gets that from me! BTW, for all you country music lovers out there. My sister, Charlene sent me the newest Reba CD and it is wonderful. I liked it from the beginning, but now it ministers to me. I'm Gonna Take that Mountain. Sky Full of Angels. Just about everyone on the CD is great. Check it out.

Gotta run.

Gina:sodapop I love you, guys. Kisses to you.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:27 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Those will come and go and they will get less and less the longer that we stay clean and sober. I know that I had a bunch of anxiety last night and I didn't want to feel what I was feeling and there is only one way that we know how to take care of that huh. Well I didn't go back out, I prayed, and then decided to go to sleep, but it was hard to shut down my mind last night. I finally did and that is a good thing so If I make it until tomorrow I will have 4 months of clean and sober that is the longest I think that I have had since April of last year but in reality it may not get here so all I have to do is do it right now. OK Glad that you are doing well Gina you are an inspiration. Love Vic
Old 07-28-2005, 07:00 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Braveheart

Good morning Vic

Tomorrow will be four months for you? Right on! I'm proud of you. The last time I was sober for 4 months was during my last pregnancy! 13 years ago! You know, when we actually look at the numbers its seems surreal. that's a long time of suffering. You can do it, Vic. One my day. Remember, this too shall pass. I had a restless night myself. Woke up with a headache, but it faded quickly. I had enough time to think, wtf is this? Then decided it's just my body adjusting. Do you work, Vic? Just wondering how you spend your days. I'll pray for you.

Have a great day. Do something special for yourself! Pamper yourself!

There's a song from Reba McIntire that you might try to listen to...

I'm Gonna Take That Mountain. Its a sassy upbeat song. If you'd like, I could email it to you. I find it to be a dig your heels in and overcome the issue type of song.

Remember, every day clean and sober is a good day.

Gina
Old 07-28-2005, 11:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Every day is a good day!

Good Morning there GinaMouse.

I hope your day is going well. Sounds like your doing just fine girlie. Keep up the good work, I'll talk to you soon, maybe tonight.

Day 7.... and counting! Love you sis.