Notices

Hi - I'm new here

Old 07-24-2005, 08:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Braveheart

Hi Charlene!

It's your sister, Gina. I found you. I'm so glad you posted. I'm still learning how to manuever around this site. Do we still have plans for Wednesdays in the meeting room? 7:00 p.m. our time.

It looks like your getting a lot of support. I'm glad we're doing this together. I posted on the Newcomers board if you wanted to take a look at it.

And for everyone at SR, I'm Gina - Charlene's sister - #6 out of the 7. I also am addicted to alcohol, and like Charlene, it is my drug of choice. I have 3 wonderful sons and have been drinking steadily for a very long time. Today will be my first day of sobriety (again). I can't keep count on the many times that I've said that (and meant it, too!). But its one day at a time. Pray for me. The tears are already flowing.

I love you, Charlene. Talk with you soon. Hang in there everyone. There's a lot of support and caring on this site. I can see that already.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Welcome! It's great to have you here!
Love
Cathy31
x
Old 07-25-2005, 02:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Every day is a good day!

Originally Posted by Thirty
Charlene, I want to thank you. I am thankful you have allowed this country the use of your son. With him in a far away land it must be stressful on you. I want you to know that there are people who feel indebted to you and your son.

I hope you find peace and hope. I also hope you can fulfill your quest in becoming free of Alcohol.

Thirty
Thank you Thirty, yes it is stressful, he just left yesterday but I am very proud of him.

Keep me in your thoughts, day 4 and counting!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 02:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Every day is a good day!

Originally Posted by michski
Welcome Charlene!

My entire family was consumed by crank... both parents, two sisters and a brother! My Mom died blasted out of her gourd and my dad followed her 4 years later. One sister died of hep B&C because she couldn't stop. My other sister, my brother and myself are all in recovery now and our lives are all so very very good. I first started using speed when I was 16 and I'm 55 now and clean from it for over 4 years. I haven't had a drink in a little over 3 years... So you see it's never too late to have an excellent life!

Being clean and sober gets to be a habit too... so I sincerely hope you can binge on life for awhile!!!
Life rocks!!

hugs,
Michele
Mine too, it is a Family Affair. I am so glad you've overcome. My family is the way to healing too. Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Braveheart

Hi Girlie-girl

Just wanted to let you know that the online meeting last night was good. Looking forward to having you in there, too. Keep us the good work, sis. Recovery = Victory!
Kisses to you, sis.

Gina