Notices

30 days!!!

Old 07-19-2005, 11:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days!!!

Just wanted to let you guys know I Have 30 days in as of yesterday. I havn't been able to share, been busy taking care of my mom, and dealing with up and down emotions. I don't really crave a beer, mostly just want to feel "up" sometimes, but I get through those moments. Been having alot of headaches, probably had them before but was too sedated with alcohol to realize it Yesterday my sister came to take over with my mother, and I could'nt get out of the house fast enough. I stopped back to just run in and out, and she informed me she was leaving because she had a falling out with my mother.(Her brain tumor is really doing some wierd things) anyway, there went my mothersitter and the AA meeting I wanted to go to! I think at that moment, I wanted to drink, but I just sat and tryed to calm down, called a friend in AA, I needed to here someone say, don't drink, It wont change the situation and I'll only feel worse, so I was calmer after the talk. I am very anxious. Does that go along with sobriety. I don't recall it from the last time I was sober. I feel like I am on speed sometimes and I find myself taking deep breaths to calm down. I use to take Xanex for that, but am off that also.
I was up at 3am this morning reading the posts and was just getting ready to send a message when MOTHER woke up, so just wanted to share with you guys, you mean alot to me and I am glad your here!!
Vickie
Old 07-19-2005, 11:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 07-19-2005, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Congradulations!
Old 07-19-2005, 02:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are doing a remarkable job! Keep on keeping on. It will all work out and remember - one is too many and 1000 is never enough. You know where I am if you need me.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 30 days! My 30 days was yesterday too.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to Go!!!!

Yeah I had anxiety too on and off for the first few months... we just don't know how to deal with stressful moments without our "medicine" Sounds like you have your hands full with your Mom. Hang in there because it really does get easier and easier!

Old 07-19-2005, 05:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. And Congratulations Lively on yours too. Today I have hope. Yesterday I was unsure, so this is progress right?
Vickie
Old 07-19-2005, 05:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hurrah

for you Vicki!
Old 07-19-2005, 05:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Big Ups Vickie! I'm so glad it's working for you.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Congradulations on your 30 days hope that we all get one more day. I know how you are with your emotions and togeather we can deal with those emotions. I have 110 days today, and it has not been easy but it has been worth every struggle. I do know this much Vicki that sometimes all we can do that day is save our @ss and if we do that we win. Thanks for sharing. Vic
Old 07-19-2005, 07:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Smile Congrats - similar Story!

Congratulations on 30 days!! Actually you and are in very much the same situation. You are taking care of your Mother with 30 days. I am my Grandmother's caregiver with 55 days! I can relate to the up and down emotions. Its SO difficult to take care of someone that's sick. No one truly knows until you are in that situation. My Grandmother has been sick for 8 long months and I am primarily taking care of her. My Grandmother has NO idea who I am sometimes, which is hurtful. I remind her and she forgets 30 seconds later.

Keep a chin up and Congrats!

H
Old 07-19-2005, 07:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days!! Thats awesome!! :hoo
Old 07-19-2005, 08:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I_am_tj

Way to go Vickie ~~

Old 07-20-2005, 12:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hey !!

Congratualtions

much love
JC
Old 07-20-2005, 03:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone,
Yes being a caregiver is very stressful, but now that I am sober I am hoping that it will be rewarding knowing I am helping someone. I moved her into our home 4 years ago and I was stone sober than. Within a year I was drinking and smokeing cigs again and useing the situation as a reason to drink. I quess I had the case of the " I don't care" feeling and just gave in to my addiction. 30 days ago I shook off that give up spirit and started to care for myself again, enough to ask the doc for some antibuse so I could get through the hard times. I think I can go it alone now, well with God of on my side of course. My relationship with God is so much better again, I really missed that seperation while I was drinking. I can go to him now without shame and thank him for another day sober and ask to help me get through another day.
Today, I am grateful to be sober.
HUGS to everyone!'
Vickie
Old 07-20-2005, 07:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

way to go Vickie on your 30 days
Old 07-20-2005, 11:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

BIG hugs to you for 30 days!!!
Keep putting your recovery first and you can't go wrong.
Wendy