Notices

I'm leaving this place...

Old 07-11-2005, 02:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Richey:
I'd say goodbye and good luck, but my gut feeling is you aren't going anywhere.

Suck it up, go find some more meetings and don't drink or use. You know where drinking and using will get you. Anyone who tells you to drink should have their head examined, you are right in the middle of bottoming out it sounds like, and there's only one way to go -- UP. BUT -- you won't make any progress if you drink or use. Period. Friends don't like it? Get new friends, or be alone. Drinking WILL kill you. I haven't seen anyone on the board abuse you, just care about you and try to help get you sober. But there is only one person on the boards who can make the decision to get sober -- you. No decision, no change. Always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten. Sounds like that has sucked for you up to this point, so why are you so damned resistent to change????

You don't know what to expect on the journey to sobriety, none of us do... but you know what to expect if you continue to drink and use -- death, jail or hospital. Fun, fun, fun.

Now to be direct -- get your butt off your pity pot, stop feeling so damned sorry for yourself and take some action. Don't drink today. Don't use today. Get to a meeting, or as many as you can. If you don't like a meeting, leave and find another. Stop blaming everyone else for your misfortune and fears. Put yourself FIRST and start recovering. Chy said it, you are not unique. We all went through our own version of Hell at one time. Some of us went out and drank again and again -- same disgusting result.

So, I'll ask you point blank -- do you want to be sober, or not? If not, then continue your life and accept the fact that all the sh!t in your life is going to stay sh!t. If so, then get to work and get to some meetings. Find a sponsor and get busy on the steps.

Either way, I would never ask you to stop posting, but you can expect to have folks care about you and try to help get you sober. At least we're not telling you to f@ck off! We'll be here for you either way.....

Forget yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow, and don't drink or use today. There's a start for you.

Ken

PS -- feel free to PM me if you need help or want to talk.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gooch
I used to be a person who passed instant judgement on others based on thrie appearances, who they associated with, what they drove or wore, how they talked, and all those outward things.

I was the pathetic one., because I thought everyone used the same things to judge me, so I felt less than and insignificant and part of my addiction was wanting thise "things". The first 10 years I was clean I chased material bs like it was dope, thinking when I have all the right stuff I'll have respect and friends.

I had friends all along. I had people who respected m all along. And there were people who loved me all along because they could see past the surface and into my heart. They were willing to look past my orneryness, and tough act to try and reach in to the scared little kid that was hiding inside.

I'm 6'2" and 235 lbs and ride a Harley and this post just brought tears to my eyes because I know how rotten it feels to want to be accepted and loved and at the same time so overly sensitive to what seems like criticism and rudeness that I kept pulling back from the people who could best help me get beyond what always held me back... my own fragile ego.

What you just posted was expereince, strength, and hope.

Keep on reaching out, asking other people how they got beyond the pain and what motivates them to keep on plodding along toward recovery.

There are people here that care deeply for you. They are just frustrated when you appear to be harming yourself.

Thing is I've never been that shallow...I'm obsessed with my looks but that's down to my eating disorder..I'm supposedly body dysmorphic because once i cut up my face...but that's more like the opposite.
Generally I chase knowledge...I rate myself by how many books I've read and what I know...how good i am at certain things...how fast i can run...even how good i am at computer games (which is bloody awful when im drunk, lol)
I don't chase material things at all so generally people look down on me...they think I'm a freak and wrong because i said i didn't respect someone who got their car 'pimped' by MTV :/
I don't wanna impress people...mainly i just want to tolerate myself. I do impress some people...i was a star pupil at school...everyone adored my art work (I was getting commisions at 16)...but it never feels like enough... and i keep trying and trying to get better at things but i can't...i guess im supposed to learn to live with my lot...but i can't! As much as i say I'm worthless (and i do believe it)...I want to be worth something.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:09 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cathy31
Wow Richey you say you were sober 2 months earlier this year...how did that feel? How did you do it? You can do it again - that's a great achievement, and it shows you CAN do it.
And you are special. There's nothing wrong with your personality...all of us are addicts/alcoholics..hardly perfect company! But we do care...and you ARE worth it.
My posts about being sober are here if you search for them. I had to go to court...charges of possesion (got beaten up...got picked up by police 'helping' me...they found my stuff :/)...I got sober the nights i was in jail...and then stayed sober because my solicitor said it'd help my case and prove i was determined...i just couldn;t keep it up after the case...I had nothing to do with my life and sank back into drinking and using as a way to pass the days.

btw, I'm gonna stop replying now because i've started throwing up for some reason (3 times this past twnety minutes)...yeah...it's probably because i drank...i'll be back when it's stopped.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Not crazy, just a lil unwell

Richey, exactly what is it you're looking for when you go to a meeting, come to a recovery board, or talk face to face with someone? What type of support do you feel you need? I have a hard time discerning that in your posts because most of the suggestions I see you've been given, you have an argument for. What do you ultimately want to accomplish?
Old 07-11-2005, 03:43 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoMoBeer
Richey:
I'd say goodbye and good luck, but my gut feeling is you aren't going anywhere.

Suck it up, go find some more meetings and don't drink or use. You know where drinking and using will get you. Anyone who tells you to drink should have their head examined, you are right in the middle of bottoming out it sounds like, and there's only one way to go -- UP. BUT -- you won't make any progress if you drink or use. Period. Friends don't like it? Get new friends, or be alone. Drinking WILL kill you. I haven't seen anyone on the board abuse you, just care about you and try to help get you sober. But there is only one person on the boards who can make the decision to get sober -- you. No decision, no change. Always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten. Sounds like that has sucked for you up to this point, so why are you so damned resistent to change????

You don't know what to expect on the journey to sobriety, none of us do... but you know what to expect if you continue to drink and use -- death, jail or hospital. Fun, fun, fun.

Now to be direct -- get your butt off your pity pot, stop feeling so damned sorry for yourself and take some action. Don't drink today. Don't use today. Get to a meeting, or as many as you can. If you don't like a meeting, leave and find another. Stop blaming everyone else for your misfortune and fears. Put yourself FIRST and start recovering. Chy said it, you are not unique. We all went through our own version of Hell at one time. Some of us went out and drank again and again -- same disgusting result.

So, I'll ask you point blank -- do you want to be sober, or not? If not, then continue your life and accept the fact that all the sh!t in your life is going to stay sh!t. If so, then get to work and get to some meetings. Find a sponsor and get busy on the steps.

Either way, I would never ask you to stop posting, but you can expect to have folks care about you and try to help get you sober. At least we're not telling you to f@ck off! We'll be here for you either way.....

Forget yesterday, don't worry about tomorrow, and don't drink or use today. There's a start for you.

Ken

PS -- feel free to PM me if you need help or want to talk.

I know how i can make my drinking life stop sucking...by stop drinking! But then I'm sober...and I don't know how to stop my sober life sucking :/
I don't want to die...I'm TERRIFIED of dying...I don't much like my life (I HATE it!) but anything's better than dying.

I guess the question is not so much if I want to quit drinking... but if I ever want to be happy...because I know I'm not happy but on some level I do still like drinking...if it's only the time I am drunk or sleeping nicely. Drinking isn't something special...I've pretty much been addicted to anything possible...gambling, exercise, eating, stealing, smoking... I know I'm trying to fill a hole with them...I just can't figure out quite what that hole is or how to fill it.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:45 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fire_Wind_Rain
Richey, exactly what is it you're looking for when you go to a meeting, come to a recovery board, or talk face to face with someone? What type of support do you feel you need? I have a hard time discerning that in your posts because most of the suggestions I see you've been given, you have an argument for. What do you ultimately want to accomplish?
A magical answer.,.. as pathetic and niave as that sounds :/

Inspiration...or something... a reason to live? a reason to care?
Old 07-11-2005, 03:50 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Richey,

There is no magical answer. If there was, none of us would be here. It just takes looking inside you and finding something in yourself that you like/love - something. It takes work - start a Gratitude Journal and force yourself every day to write down three things that you are grateful for. And I had to force myself to do that - but it works. If the only thing you can be grateful for is breathing, then write that down. As you keep at it, you will find that you begin to look for small things in your day that you are grateful for, so that you'll have something to write. There is no magical answer. Just working at it, trying to find some joy and moving forward. We're all on the same journey.

Love, Anna
Old 07-11-2005, 03:53 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Richey:
Don't take offense, but you haven't HAD a sober life! You may have been separated from alcohol for a period of time, but that's not sober, just dry.

AA teaches me to live life sober. LIVE LIFE, not exist.

I also was thinking of you, and the thought crossed my mind -- do you have access to a detox facility? You may need that at this point to come off of the alcohol and drugs, to avoid physical danger.

Richey, there is so much more out there, but don't worry so much about that. Take it one step at a time, first things first -- you need to be sober to enjoy any of them.

Maybe a good counseling and detox program would help you at this point...

Ken
Old 07-11-2005, 03:56 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I just can't figure out quite what that hole is or how to fill it.
Hey Sweety...

Well.. don't I identify with you... ! ;o)

I've been workin on filling that hole my whole life...
but now... I work on it one day at a time.. ;o)

Just today...
Don't have to worry about tommorrah...

Something huge I realized about that black hole though is that I am it's maintainer.
I have the key to the door...
I can open it at any time and maybe even throw a little self love my way..
Or... some caring from the wonderful folks on SR here that love me so unconditionally...

But.. I know the main filler of that hole has to be me.
Self love.
Keep the door open for my Higher Power's love...
And open my heart and my psyche to receive the love that is floating around free in the world..

It's when we keep the door closed tight on that damn hole that it never gets a chance to get filled....
Old 07-11-2005, 04:04 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna
Richey,

There is no magical answer. If there was, none of us would be here. It just takes looking inside you and finding something in yourself that you like/love - something. It takes work - start a Gratitude Journal and force yourself every day to write down three things that you are grateful for. And I had to force myself to do that - but it works. If the only thing you can be grateful for is breathing, then write that down. As you keep at it, you will find that you begin to look for small things in your day that you are grateful for, so that you'll have something to write. There is no magical answer. Just working at it, trying to find some joy and moving forward. We're all on the same journey.

Love, Anna

It's weird...I'm actually grateful for a LOT of things...that's why I don't want to die! I just can't see any of them being ruined by drinking...well...sensible drinking. The idea of never having a drink again terrifies me!
Old 07-11-2005, 04:04 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Richey, I just have to tell you how inspired I am by your story. Inspired to never take another drink. Your posts are painful to read. I don't know you at all except for what I've read in the past few days but I can really sense that you are coming to a breakthrough. You KNOW you can't live like this much longer. Your life cannot get much worse can it? It can get better though!

I've only been sober for 23 days but man, I feel so damn good! You can do it! You can feel good too! Don't you remember how you felt those 2 months earlier this year when you were sober?

I took a look at your public profile. You're only 21? I'm sorry to ask this but I haven't got a feel for this yet from reading your posts....are you a man or a woman? Sorry again for asking. I feel stupid. lol

What do you do for work? Do you have any family???

Thanks for tolerating my nosiness.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:10 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoMoBeer
Richey:
Don't take offense, but you haven't HAD a sober life! You may have been separated from alcohol for a period of time, but that's not sober, just dry.

AA teaches me to live life sober. LIVE LIFE, not exist.

I also was thinking of you, and the thought crossed my mind -- do you have access to a detox facility? You may need that at this point to come off of the alcohol and drugs, to avoid physical danger.

Richey, there is so much more out there, but don't worry so much about that. Take it one step at a time, first things first -- you need to be sober to enjoy any of them.

Maybe a good counseling and detox program would help you at this point...

Ken
I guess you're right about me being dry not sober...I don't feel sober...even when i haven't drank all day.

I don't have access to any detox center...last time i did supervised detox was in hospital...I had no choice about in the matter because they wouldn't let me leave (they thought i was suicidal).

It's why i had to drink...my body is weak and hallucinates easily...i once apparently got DTs after being hit over the head...well, it did feel like it... but it's worrying my head might be permanatly f*cked!
I can't stand hallucinations...they terrify me...I've only had a couple of drinks today and I STILL keep seeing things running around the floor...and i know they're not there because nothing real looks like them. When i drink they go away and I LIKE that! I don't want to be insane...I'm already half there...I can't let the rest of my mind go down the toilet...even if that means keeping on drinking :/
Old 07-11-2005, 04:14 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bikewench
Hey Sweety...

Well.. don't I identify with you... ! ;o)

I've been workin on filling that hole my whole life...
but now... I work on it one day at a time.. ;o)

Just today...
Don't have to worry about tommorrah...

Something huge I realized about that black hole though is that I am it's maintainer.
I have the key to the door...
I can open it at any time and maybe even throw a little self love my way..
Or... some caring from the wonderful folks on SR here that love me so unconditionally...

But.. I know the main filler of that hole has to be me.
Self love.
Keep the door open for my Higher Power's love...
And open my heart and my psyche to receive the love that is floating around free in the world..

It's when we keep the door closed tight on that damn hole that it never gets a chance to get filled....
I don't believe in higher powers or love floating around. I need something practical.
My social worker wants me to hang around the community center for the mentally ill and mentally disabled...and play pool or some other kinda crap... if I'm really 'lucky' I'll get to go out and buy pizza for them... woo *rolls eyes* ...if I did that I'd have to drink to cope with the boredom... not to mention I'm actually cripplingly shy...even around those kind of people. It's like a youth club for life's failures :/
Old 07-11-2005, 04:20 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lively
Richey, I just have to tell you how inspired I am by your story. Inspired to never take another drink. Your posts are painful to read. I don't know you at all except for what I've read in the past few days but I can really sense that you are coming to a breakthrough. You KNOW you can't live like this much longer. Your life cannot get much worse can it? It can get better though!

I've only been sober for 23 days but man, I feel so damn good! You can do it! You can feel good too! Don't you remember how you felt those 2 months earlier this year when you were sober?

I took a look at your public profile. You're only 21? I'm sorry to ask this but I haven't got a feel for this yet from reading your posts....are you a man or a woman? Sorry again for asking. I feel stupid. lol

What do you do for work? Do you have any family???

Thanks for tolerating my nosiness.
Are many women called Richard? I keep getting Americans ask if I'm a guy or girl... it's Richey asexual in your country?

Yeah, I'm 21...though sometimes I feel 14 and something 40 :/
I'm definatel not 21...21 year olds are meant to be at university or have good jobs...be traveling the world! Not what I'm doing :/

I have a family but they've disowned me...not because I'm an addict...oh no... that's fine... but because I'm gay (well, sort of). I hate my family...it's sad but i even hate my mother now (for reasons I don't wanna discuss)

I'm a sex worker...yes...a street worker. And although I started it to fund a habit...I still do it when sober/dry...it's not as terrible as people think...mainly it's just really really boring...and cold!

Things could get worse...not much worse...but they probably could...those guys could find me who i owe money to... my brother could find me...i could be beaten up pretty badly...but that wont be affected by whether I drink or not :/

I want things to get better...who wouldn't want that? I'm just having doubts about the realism of it...
Old 07-11-2005, 04:47 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

No, Richard is not asexual in the US but Richey could be. I was 100% sure you were a man until someone on here ( I thought ) called you "gurl". lol Never mind me!!

I'm new to this myself so I'm probably not the best one to give you advice on anything. I'll be here for you though. As long as you keep coming back I'll offer support and encouragement to you no matter what you say or do. Be as ass all you want. I don't care

PM me if you want to talk. Our lives are very different but hey, we could all use a new friend or two. And we do have one thing in common don't we?
Old 07-11-2005, 04:54 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I don't believe in higher powers or love floating around.

That's okay...

I do.. ;o)
Old 07-11-2005, 10:26 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lively
No, Richard is not asexual in the US but Richey could be. I was 100% sure you were a man until someone on here ( I thought ) called you "gurl". lol Never mind me!!

I'm new to this myself so I'm probably not the best one to give you advice on anything. I'll be here for you though. As long as you keep coming back I'll offer support and encouragement to you no matter what you say or do. Be as ass all you want. I don't care

PM me if you want to talk. Our lives are very different but hey, we could all use a new friend or two. And we do have one thing in common don't we?
Yeah, i guess it could be ending in "ey" and all...i hate richard though because everyone 'round here pronounces it 'richud'.
I dunno why someone thought I was a girl...maybe because I've been a bit whiney? But that'd be sexist...

Yeah, at least we've ALL got something in common to talk about, lol.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:35 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

yea, richey, i'm beenin whiney tonite! you're not the only one who can get fuked up!!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:43 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tyler
yea, richey, i'm beenin whiney tonite! you're not the only one who can get fuked up!!
Btw, your signature cracks me up "meat is food, veggies are food's food"
I'm a vegan... but you have a good point!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:54 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Glad I could provide you with a good laugh at least, not much good for much else right now. Wish i could do something ofr you right now ridhey, but I'm not in so good a shape myself!! I've followed you for some time and we've even chatted at one time, I hope you can get hyour s*it together soon, I fear for your life. Good luke man!!