Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

It really hits you like a shot in the chest...the truth hurts :/

Notices

Old 07-09-2005, 12:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Would you rather I be out selling myself to the lowest bidder and getting ********* off of cheap vodka?"

That's what my mate said to me when I accused him of having a boring friday night.

Ouch.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Good for him! How are you doing? Is today day 3?
Old 07-09-2005, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ouch! I know I feel better spending my money on bike parts and entry fees vs. hundreds of $$$ every month on beer!

You're doing the right thing, so be boring for a while! It gets better...

Ken
Old 07-09-2005, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chy
Good for him! How are you doing? Is today day 3?
Today is day nothing :/
Old 07-09-2005, 11:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoMoBeer
Ouch! I know I feel better spending my money on bike parts and entry fees vs. hundreds of $$$ every month on beer!

You're doing the right thing, so be boring for a while! It gets better...

Ken
Nothing interests me...nothing makes me happy anymore :/
Old 07-09-2005, 11:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

(( Richey ))

Give it a chance.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by miraclen2003
Give it a chance.
I try...but I can't hack it. I'm weak...and I have no life sober.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

You will Richey. You can just never give up. You're far too important to give up on.

Love, Anna
Old 07-09-2005, 02:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna
You will Richey. You can just never give up. You're far too important to give up on.

Love, Anna

Really? AM I? I don't ******* THINK SO!!!

People always trot out this crap and it's MEANINGLESS! how do you know I'm important??? Really? not everyone in this world is important...some are nasty little ***** that deserve to be shot!
Old 07-09-2005, 02:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Richey,
Sometimes I think we like people for their raw humanity.....
Is it that hard to believe you might be important to people around here? Maybe it is because you haven't gained that sort of compassion yet....that doesn't mean others haven't.

Peace and Love
Old 07-09-2005, 03:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Richey
I hope that some day you get the willingness to be willing, because until you do your chances of getting clean/sober are not too good.... and that has nothing to do with whether or not you win popularity contests.
You have to be willing to give up all this fun you have been having with drugs and alcohol, admit that it really and truly SUCKS being where you are right now and that you are freakin' willing to do whatever it takes to get and stay clean & sober one day at a time (one minute at a time).
Old 07-09-2005, 03:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FaeryQueen
Richey,
Sometimes I think we like people for their raw humanity.....
Is it that hard to believe you might be important to people around here? Maybe it is because you haven't gained that sort of compassion yet....that doesn't mean others haven't.

Peace and Love
People here only care because they have to or because they would about anyone here...it's nothing special or meaningful directed at me...I could be anyone...I am faceless...I am nothing to you... you just like to kid yourselves otherwise.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KelKel
Richey
I hope that some day you get the willingness to be willing, because until you do your chances of getting clean/sober are not too good.... and that has nothing to do with whether or not you win popularity contests.
You have to be willing to give up all this fun you have been having with drugs and alcohol, admit that it really and truly SUCKS being where you are right now and that you are freakin' willing to do whatever it takes to get and stay clean & sober one day at a time (one minute at a time).
I've BEEN willing...so many times...and it's NEVER worked! And it never will. This is me...I'm an addict...and I will be until I die. There's no changing that...despite what anyone wants to think I am useless and selfish and I just CAN'T do it!
Hundreds of people die from this stuff every year... you've just got to resign yourselves that I'll be one of them!
Old 07-09-2005, 03:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Think what you want Richey. Sometimes our souls speak on other levels...outside this material plane. Just because I have never spoke to you face to face doesn't matter. I relate to your humanity and the pain of having a mind that is devouring you. Do I feel this way about everyone on SR? No. I am not Mother Theresa. But I do have lots of love for my own kind....and then some.
Peace

Are u trying to stir **** today?
Old 07-09-2005, 03:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry I cannot and will not do that...

I thought I was willing enough many times.... then I would come to in a hospital or a jail or in an ambulance or vomit or....
I would wonder what the "F".... how could I be any more friggin' willing?????
I really do not even know the answer, but somewhere along the line I must have finally let go of absolutely everything I held on to regarding my consumption of alcohol. After 10 years of in and out of AA, I really and truly came in the doors and meant business....
I learned to stop loathing myself and slowly started get my mind back....
It has not been easy, hell it is the hardest thing I have ever done. But I can look in the mirror today an see that i am not the monster I once thought I was.

Try getting out of self today (tomorrow) and doing something for someone who needs it....
Old 07-09-2005, 03:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Darn, self-pity is so unattractive, especially when its attacking people that are trying to offer support.

I guess thats what heroin does to people.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FriendofBill
Darn, self-pity is so unattractive, especially when its attacking people that are trying to offer support.

I guess thats what heroin does to people.
No, heroin doesn't... this is just me...******* up again...being a bastard to you all :/
Old 07-10-2005, 05:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Richey,
Bored people are boring. You are as bored as your imagination. Unfortunately, we addicts take the easy way out and self-medicate. You need to find something to put your energy into. boredom never killed anyone. Wow, I'm pretty obnoxious , aren't i?
Old 07-10-2005, 06:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Richey
No, heroin doesn't... this is just me...******* up again...being a bastard to you all :/

Oh, but richey, you are your drug. Don't fool yourself into thinking you are more Sh*&%y than the rest of us. You're not hurting us, just yourself.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Richey, I can see that your disease is active and getting the best of you right now. You are defending your disease right now, and that is understandable, it is what it wants you to do. I can see the anger you have inside. You may think it's anger towards us or SR in general, but as I once heard,

What is hurting you so much that you think hurting us will make you feel better?

I will pray for you whether or not you want it, or whether or not you can appreciate it at this time.