Notices

Is giving up an option?

Old 07-11-2005, 01:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
X Brain & Body Destroyer

Just read the thread from Ritchey... breaks my heart.
Well, I have enough to store on my shoulders today. One day at a time.

((((Mishelly)))
Yeah, I need to quit that job, so I can quit thinking about alcohol. It's all over my clothes, shoes are the worst, hair, skin when I get home, and thats when I drink 10pm (mostly, plus days off, oh and when I don't have the kids... oh, humm, everyday-thats honest).
How I wake up in the morning for my day job is beyond me.
Who has that kind of strength?
Should I just hold off on AA till my job changes?
I feel like I'm chasing my tail.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
It Is What It Is

Whoa, whoa, whoa...hold off on AA until your job changes?

Ask yourself this...what's more important, you're sobriety or your job??? There's only one of you, jobs come and go every day...think about it. Go one step further...what kind of job you gonna have if you keep drinking? Anything you put before your sobriety you will lose eventually anyway!

Now, I work with mostly active addicts at my job. Some have even been my enablers in the past...I have a child to support so I can't just walk out and have no income, HOWEVER...I do have my own office and I only leave it when I absolutely have to. And I go to meetings EVERY day...if I didn't have that reinforcement I would not be able to do this. I'm also looking for a different job, I'm looking really hard, and when I find it, I'm out of here quicker than quick. The Big Book tells me as long as I'm spiritually fit I can do anything a normal person does...but I ain't there yet and I am smart enough to know it!!!
Old 07-12-2005, 11:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
X Brain & Body Destroyer

Change this, Change that or Change today

Thanks for reminding me...
I'm an addict... And I don't know what I'm saying.... I chose to forget for a moment that major work change in AA is not a good idea.

And to answer your question on what kind of job am I going to have if I keep drinking? The same stupid 2 jobs I have now.
Without sobriety I have already seen the repercussions as today I am living it, I see your point. Sobriety, working. It's not the jobs, it's me.

But Mishelly.... can't I please blame it on the job? It's so much easier!

Your in a similar job-dilemia, does it drive you crazy being around addict Nubees every day? How do you deal with it? Good luck to you.

I guess I'm trying to change everything at once, instead of one thing at a time. That's my classic MO, running away and excuse mode talking.

Missed the morning meeting today. I'll go back tomorrow, or find one tonight. Blah.
No drinks last night, but couldn't sleep but an hour or two so I'm cranky and pms'ing. Tonight is my only night off for a week, I hate Tuesdays. Im afraid.
:e06e