Notices

to Pickle

Old 04-02-2002, 04:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Post to Pickle

I have re-read your post regarding a lapse I had last month. I must say that I was pretty shocked. I would hate for people to become turned away from sites because of responses like this. I respect your opinion and commend you for getting through your own personal painful struggle.

I am very very truthful and forthcoming with myself, my spirit and with my friends, family and acquaintances about my sobriety and its importance in my life.

I do, however, just need a break & post about the confusion of the struggle. Just a break . . .
Old 04-03-2002, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Dear Wendy,

Sympathy will get you nothing, but drunk. AA is tough love. You are playing around with your life.

Read the Big Book and go to meetings. I got sober in a group called The Hut. The chairs will filled with men from Atica, San Quentin and Atascadero. They called it the way it was. I will too!

I have traveled California talking to women in jails and correctional centers. I don't want you to end up there. I had a felony drunk driving and I never thought it would happen to me. I drove drunk one time and ended up in jail for 4 months.

I would rather hurt your feelings, by telling you the truth, than visiting you in jail.

Love, Pickle
Old 04-03-2002, 11:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks for your reply. I understand more now.

Take care,

Wendy
Old 04-03-2002, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Dear Wendy,

You can E-Mail me any time. It will show on this posting. Beginning May 1, I will be on the road for 4 months.

I am here for you, but as you can tell I am very direct and from the "old school."

You are obviously ready to get sober or I wouldn't have upset you. I hurt so badly at times getting sober. Hang on to this, "Alcoholism is a sickness of the soul." Ism stands for "I" "Self" and "Me." We have to turn ism to we!

My love and My understanding,

Pickle

------------------
Old 04-03-2002, 02:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Wendy, Great to see you posting. I hadn't seen a post for awhile. I am doing OK. I have a little over 30 days sober. I almost drank the beginning of March so, ended up going to VA Hospital to deal with some depression I had. I have found that along with the addiction, I have to aproach my recovery using counseling. It has helped. Many times in the past I would stay sober for awhile but, then problems would appear that I use to medicate with alcohol. I would start to feel more depressed. Next I would feel guilty because good things would happen that I didn't think I deserved. Next I would sabotage my sobriety by drinking. The doctors have given me something to help the depression and help me get sleep. When I was sober for awhile the thoughts I'd have would cause me to either not sleep or have a fitful sleep. I'd wake up more tired than when I went to bed. Along with not drinking it has helped me deal with people, places and things. Hang in there and keep posting.
Don